Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: My new rear arches and stone guards
Humbug

posted on 26/5/07 at 09:49 PM Reply With Quote
My new rear arches and stone guards

I decided to replace my rear arches rather than try to fix + paint ther old ones (one was cracked from a bash in a car park).

I got these from Adam White, a Locost racer who also makes bits of bodywork, and picked them up from him at Brands Hatch last week.

They are a slightly different shape from the ST ones, but after a bt of fiddling I got them to fit OK. I also made some stone guards from some spare bits of ali I had lying around still with the protective plastic on, so they will look nice and shiny for the time being! To try for a neater finish and to minimise the cut edges on show I made one edge of the stone guards butt up to the inner edge of the wing, and folded the bottom over the leading edge of the wing. Looks quite neat (I think so, anyway). Rescued attachment Stone guards.JPG
Rescued attachment Stone guards.JPG

Bob C

posted on 26/5/07 at 10:55 PM Reply With Quote
Looks nice & neat. I'd have put washers for the pop rivets to hold onto - but you can still do that if they ever pull through.
Bob

Rudy

posted on 27/5/07 at 07:04 AM Reply With Quote
Look nice,weel done!

Sorry about my English

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.