Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Aeroscreen - any one got one of these?
slim Jim

posted on 25/5/07 at 05:24 PM Reply With Quote
Aeroscreen - any one got one of these?

Evening all, just browsing ebay and saw this:

Aeroscreen

Has anyone got one or know anything about them? Any pics would be good, I am thinking of one for my Velocity.

I like this 'double bubble' style and was thinking of one of the westfield ones, but they are a tad pricey for me and wondered about his as a cheaper alterantive.

Any thoughts, comments or info welcomed

rusty nuts

posted on 25/5/07 at 05:32 PM Reply With Quote
There was a nice aeroscreen on a Viento at Stoneliegh that the young lady and her dad made , best looking one I have seen . I'm sure someone will have some piccies
NeilP

posted on 25/5/07 at 05:56 PM Reply With Quote
Pete & Becky

ID on here is Perci and photos are in their archive and the in the Luego section of the forum under the post Stoneleigh postings...

There was a hint that Ben Lord was going to do this as a Luego part in the near future?...

If you pay peanuts...
Mentale, yar? Yar, mentale!
Drive it like you stole it!

andrew.carwithen

posted on 2/6/07 at 08:41 AM Reply With Quote
I was wondering if one of these would fit my Avon, which is only approx 40" max across the bottom of the scuttle. Anybody know how this compares to a narrow-bodied Westfield (which seller states it can be modified to fit?)

Andy.

andrew.carwithen

posted on 9/6/07 at 11:38 AM Reply With Quote
Well, after the seller insisted that this would fit an Avon, I took the plunge and ordered one on Monday and it was delivered yesterday (Friday).
I offered it up to my scuttle and it will fit a treat. (I'm in the middle of painting bodywork at mo' so have put it away for safe keeping. I'll post photos when its fitted.) Its very light and flexible so I reckon it'll fit most scuttles.
In short, Its a fraction of the price of a Westfield one, but quality is still pretty good. It fits and delivery was quick too. So I say go for it.

Andy.

quote:
Originally posted by slim Jim
Evening all, just browsing ebay and saw this:

Aeroscreen

Has anyone got one or know anything about them? Any pics would be good, I am thinking of one for my Velocity.

I like this 'double bubble' style and was thinking of one of the westfield ones, but they are a tad pricey for me and wondered about his as a cheaper alterantive.

Any thoughts, comments or info welcomed

gttman

posted on 9/6/07 at 07:13 PM Reply With Quote
is it the same shape as the westie one?

Andygtt

Please redefine your limits

andrew.carwithen

posted on 11/6/07 at 08:49 AM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by gttman
is it the same shape as the westie one?

Basically, yes.
Having done a search under 'aeroscreens', it is identical to the one in the pic below (except it is in fibreglass with a black gelcoat finish)
It'll probably also need an edging strip as in pic.

HTH,
Andy. Rescued attachment Aeroscreen.jpg
Rescued attachment Aeroscreen.jpg

slim Jim

posted on 18/7/07 at 09:10 PM Reply With Quote
Now that I have got through the SVA thought I would get my add on bits and went for one of these ae roscreens

It really is excellent - very flexible so will fit different scuttles well. Really am very impressed....especially for just over 60 quid!

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.