Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: NACA duct suppliers?
RazMan

posted on 12/8/06 at 06:28 PM Reply With Quote
NACA duct suppliers?

I am having trouble finding a supplier of fibreglass (not plastic) NACA ducts Mac Rally distributors are all out of stock and want to charge an arm and two legs for delivery

Anyone got any ideas?

Cheers,
Raz

When thinking outside the box doesn't work any more, it's time to build a new box

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
Mr G

posted on 12/8/06 at 07:19 PM Reply With Quote
MAC RALLYING DISTRIBUTORS THE SAME AS MC RALLYING???? If so ignore the following

MC rallying do them for £17.99 a pop with mesh

http://www.mcrallying.net/pages/general/bonnet-grills_prod.htm

p&p appears to be £6.50 inc or less... not sure if that's a good or bad thing as to what you've already been quoted.

(This company supplies mc rallying fibreglass parts, so they might have some in stock - cheaper prices than mc rallying - delivery is strange though, can't figure out if a minimum postage cost of £45 applies or not HERE

FIBRESPORTS do a rs1700T kit which has naca's for the bonnet so they might be worth a ring -

http://www.fibresports.co.uk/

Pro Sport don't seem to exist anymore

http://www.smithanddeakin.co.uk/ might be another option.

Cheers

G

[Edited on 12/8/06 by Mr G]

Normal is getting dressed in clothes that you buy for work and driving through traffic in a
car that you are still paying for - in order to get to the job you need to pay for the clothes
and the car, and the house you leave vacant all day so you can afford to live in it.

Howlor

posted on 12/8/06 at 07:34 PM Reply With Quote
I have a pair of carbon ones up for grabs if your interested?

Steve

Carbonman2

posted on 12/8/06 at 08:04 PM Reply With Quote
ji, we can do them, we suppy to most rally outlets. email us john.higgs1@btinternet.com with what you need.
RazMan

posted on 12/8/06 at 08:46 PM Reply With Quote
Mr G - Thanks for all the links. I did mean MC Rallying but my finger must have slipped There are quite a few outlets that advertise their duct & scoops but when you order them they often cancel the order with an 'out of stock' reply I will explore your other links though - much appreciated.

Howlor & Carbonman2 - I suspect that your prices will be a little more than I can expect for fibreglass versions. I am making a small roof duct and possibly remodelling some larger side intakes on my middy project so carbon would be wasted as I am going to use them as a basic shape to blend in to a fibreglass body.

You can always U2U me if you think I am wrong though

Cheers,
Raz

When thinking outside the box doesn't work any more, it's time to build a new box

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
DIY Si

posted on 12/8/06 at 08:49 PM Reply With Quote
I thought you had that sorted? Or have you changed your mind again?!

“Let your plans be dark and as impenetratable as night, and when you move, fall like a thunderbolt.”
Sun Tzu, The Art of War

My new blog: http://spritecave.blogspot.co.uk/

RazMan

posted on 12/8/06 at 08:54 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by DIY Si
I thought you had that sorted? Or have you changed your mind again?!

Umm ..... ermmm ...... I can change my mind can't I?

The truth is that I remodelled them and I STILL don't like them ......... what can I say? It's just me being over fussy I guess .... or maybe I'm just afraid of the big bad Mr SVA

Cheers,
Raz

DIY Si

posted on 12/8/06 at 09:00 PM Reply With Quote
Just sva it and then you can tinker all you like as his sharp edge guage will be behind you. Mine'd never pass at the mo.

“Let your plans be dark and as impenetratable as night, and when you move, fall like a thunderbolt.”
Sun Tzu, The Art of War

RazMan

posted on 12/8/06 at 10:38 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by DIY Si
Just sva it and then you can tinker all you like as his sharp edge guage will be behind you. Mine'd never pass at the mo.

Trouble is that the vents are a fundamental part of the bodywork and I need to get them right (for both me and Mr SVA) before I get it painted.

Cheers,
Raz

scotty g

posted on 13/8/06 at 06:44 AM Reply With Quote
I have a GRP Naca duct in the workshop, if you like i can take a piccy on monday and bung it on here for you.
RazMan

posted on 13/8/06 at 09:09 AM Reply With Quote
That would be great Scotty - thanks muchly

Cheers,
Raz

Howlor

posted on 14/8/06 at 09:20 AM Reply With Quote
NACA Carbon ducts.
Howlor

posted on 14/8/06 at 09:21 AM Reply With Quote
Pics! Rescued attachment DSCF0001.JPG
Rescued attachment DSCF0001.JPG

Howlor

posted on 14/8/06 at 09:23 AM Reply With Quote
And another Rescued attachment DSCF0003.JPG
Rescued attachment DSCF0003.JPG

RazMan

posted on 14/8/06 at 09:45 AM Reply With Quote
Nice pics Howlor! :cool

I just need the measurements to see if they will fit.

Cheers,
Raz

DIY Si

posted on 14/8/06 at 05:37 PM Reply With Quote
If Razman doesn't want them, can I have second dibs on 'em?

Sun Tzu, The Art of War

RazMan

posted on 14/8/06 at 06:20 PM Reply With Quote
Wait for it , wait for it! Just need sizes

Cheers,
Raz

RazMan

posted on 15/8/06 at 01:13 PM Reply With Quote
............ any time now ...............

Cheers,
Raz

scotty g

posted on 16/8/06 at 06:17 AM Reply With Quote
The pics of the NACA duct i promised, sorry for the delay.
Dimensions are 270mm x 150mm.
Cheers.

[img]

and

[img]

RazMan

posted on 16/8/06 at 07:08 AM Reply With Quote
Thanks to both Howlor and Scotty

Unfortunately both types are not the right sizes for my particular project so I will have to carry on looking.

I have found another MCR distributor which is 'internet only' so I can't phone and check if they have any stock.

Thanks again guys

Cheers,
Raz

DIY Si

posted on 16/8/06 at 05:22 PM Reply With Quote
The CF ones would do me, but I may have other plans afoot now, so don't want to prevent sales elsewhere.

Sun Tzu, The Art of War

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.