Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Scuttle Skin
Chris_R

posted on 20/1/05 at 05:59 PM Reply With Quote
Scuttle Skin

I've been considering extending the skin of my scuttle beneath the box section at either side of the frame, plug welding it where it's out of sight then bonding it around the top. Has anyone done this and can anyone see any inherent problems?

Cheers,

Chris.

A bit of slapstick never hurt anyone.

http://www.chris.renney.dsl.pipex.com/

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
Mark Allanson

posted on 20/1/05 at 08:29 PM Reply With Quote
A bit like this? I did mine in ally , but rivetted mine under the lower frame and around the top stringers Rescued attachment ShineyScuttle.jpg
Rescued attachment ShineyScuttle.jpg

If you can keep you head, whilst all others around you are losing theirs, you are not fully aware of the situation

Chris_R

posted on 20/1/05 at 10:57 PM Reply With Quote
Very nice. Did you use countersunk rivets? If so, what thickness is the skin? Mine's 1/32, not sure if it'll take to countersinking too well.

[Edited on 21/1/05 by Chris_R]

A bit of slapstick never hurt anyone.

http://www.chris.renney.dsl.pipex.com/

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
Mark Allanson

posted on 21/1/05 at 08:36 PM Reply With Quote
Its in 18g ally, no need to countersink any rivets are I will be using brutal tape to seal the underside and this will take up any gaps caused by the rivets

If you can keep you head, whilst all others around you are losing theirs, you are not fully aware of the situation

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.