Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
<<  1    2  >>
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: LMP stye bodywork??
kingyeddi

posted on 30/8/04 at 03:35 PM Reply With Quote
LMP stye bodywork??

Where can I find LMP style bodywork for the 7 chassis?? Did a search but didnt find much more than a couple pretty pictures. Looking for links, pricing, etc. For those guys that say 'make your own', I have NO idea how to make a 'glass body.

-Thanks!!

posted on 30/8/04 at 07:24 PM Reply With Quote
Take a look in Steve Graber and Alan B's photo archives.Those guys doing their own body's!!!!!!
Viper

posted on 30/8/04 at 07:59 PM Reply With Quote
Doesnt the AGM WLR use a MK Indy chassis?

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
sgraber

posted on 30/8/04 at 08:01 PM Reply With Quote
For the LMP style bodies you are pretty much going to be in "Roll your own" mode. And some people would agree that you have to be pretty high to attempt a project like that.

AFAIK the LMP would be a mid-engine forward cabin look. Like the MK GT-1 or the Coram (excuse me Turner) LMP.

You can look at my website and Alan B's website for inspiration and details on building a body from scratch.

http://www.grabercars.com
http://www.desicodesign.com/meerkat/

There are others building complete bodies from scratch, but AFAIK not any other active members of the list. Someone please spank me if I'm neglecting someone here.

HTH

Graber

Steve Graber
http://www.grabercars.com/

"Quickness through lightness"

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
liam.mccaffrey

posted on 30/8/04 at 08:12 PM Reply With Quote
i will eeventually, but only when the car is sva'd and on the road, locost style panelling till then

Build Blog
Build Photo Album

kingyeddi

posted on 31/8/04 at 03:03 AM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by sgraber
AFAIK the LMP would be a mid-engine forward cabin look. Like the MK GT-1 or the Coram (excuse me Turner) LMP.

You can look at my website and Alan B's website for inspiration and details on building a body from scratch.

http://www.grabercars.com
http://www.desicodesign.com/meerkat/

I was referring to the front engine style, like the Panoz prototypes ;-)

Still think I'd fuggup trying to do my own, but I'm gonna check out your sites. Maybe I'll try to find sombody to do a custom body w/o charging an arm and a leg?? Any ideas??

kingyeddi

posted on 31/8/04 at 03:11 AM Reply With Quote
SGRABER, after clicking the link, I remembered who you were!! OMG I visited your site about a year ago when I was gathering info on scratch built cars. After looking at your site, I wanted to start right away!! LOL My funds just didnt allow it at the time.

Congrats on the progress, I didnt even recognize your car w/the body on (saw it in your avatar 1st). Looks awesome. :drool: I wanted to do a MR setup, but may go for the Locost if I can find a body I like (or build my own )

[Edited on 31/8/04 by kingyeddi]

sgraber

posted on 31/8/04 at 04:04 AM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by kingyeddi
SGRABER, after clicking the link, I remembered who you were!! OMG I visited your site about a year ago when I was gathering info on scratch built cars. After looking at your site, I wanted to start right away!! LOL My funds just didnt allow it at the time.

Congrats on the progress, I didnt even recognize your car w/the body on (saw it in your avatar 1st). Looks awesome. :drool: I wanted to do a MR setup, but may go for the Locost if I can find a body I like (or build my own )

That's great! It really makes my day when I can hear that someones life is going to be miserable for several years because of me! mu--haha-ha-ha . Actually that's cool. Glad I could help get another lunatic into the asylum.

I love the Panoz LMP look, very Batmobile but in a good way. I don't see why a body of that style wouldn't be quite doable and quite saleable. But I don't think you will find someone to build it for you for what I consider a reasonable cost.

You should do some design studies I would think. Just to make sure that the projected shape will fit over a locost chassis. It may be that the proportions will not work out properly. My advice is to Start sketching! :-)

I am interested to see where you can take this idea. It sounds neat to me.

Here is a photo of a Panoz LMP model for those that are wondering what it is.

Steve Graber

kingyeddi

posted on 31/8/04 at 04:40 AM Reply With Quote
Thanks for the reply!! I feel like I'm talking with a childhood hero (lol) I just went through and read your whole writeup on how you did your body. Makes alotta sense. I think with some careful planning (design and technique) that me and a couple friends could get it done.

As far as 'design studies', what do you reccomend? Anything I can learn on the 'net or books? Or do I have to goto school to learn? I already have quite a few sketches of designs that just come to me from time to time. No fancy angles tho, just side,front,top veiw type deal.

I really need a program so I can bring my designs to life with 3D, but I know NOTHING about how to go about this, taking them from the above mantioned sketches on paper to 3D Thanks for the replys guys. Keep em coming!!

Viper

posted on 31/8/04 at 06:12 AM Reply With Quote
http://www.agmsportscars.co.uk/

Uses a MK indy chassis

[Edited on 31/8/2004 by Viper]

ned

posted on 31/8/04 at 11:42 AM Reply With Quote
Westfield did a full body for the seven a while back, not sure it ever made it to production, but I did have a picture at one point, I'll see if i can find it..

full bodied westfield
full bodied westfield

never did find out anymore about it though and haven't heard anything about it anywhere, just found the pic by chance once..

Ned.

[Edited on 31/8/04 by ned]

beware, I've got yellow skin

undecided

posted on 31/8/04 at 12:18 PM Reply With Quote
Bloody hell......if they aren't ripping off each others sevens they are ripping off the Radical, which itself is a rip-off from some old crap supersport car that never did any good.
WLR,GT1 GTR1 are all naff looking square boxes......why bother?

sgraber

posted on 31/8/04 at 02:01 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by undecided
Bloody hell......if they aren't ripping off each others sevens they are ripping off the Radical, which itself is a rip-off from some old crap supersport car that never did any good.
WLR,GT1 GTR1 are all naff looking square boxes......why bother?

Well alrighty then... For being undecided you certainly have made up your mind about this subject! DOH!

Actually, I really like the WLR. It's very agressive looking. Too bad the bodywork is so expensive.

Steve Graber

ned

posted on 31/8/04 at 02:30 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by undecided

That's a bit harsh I think. The radical club/prosport bodyshell was a rip-off of the robinson, which in it's day back in f1300 I believe was a good little car. Later on with the vauxhall in it in sports2000 it didn't run quite so well.

Get your facts right.

Ned.

-------
'A month later I spotted a very pretty racing car at Mallory Park, a Sports 2000 called a Robinson. It reminded me of Mick and his idea for a motorbike-engined sports car. It struck me that if the car could look that good, and was designed as a proper racing car - with its own series - it could really work. I'm a marketing man, after all, and this looked to me like a genuine gap in the market. But the racing series was vital if the thing was to be economic. Too many one-off cars have been invented by mad Englishmen who went broke doing it.'
-----------
taken from radicals website:
http://www.radicalmotorsport.com/media/cropleytour/index.php

[Edited on 31/8/04 by ned]

kingyeddi

posted on 31/8/04 at 04:11 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Viper
http://www.agmsportscars.co.uk/

Uses a MK indy chassis

[Edited on 31/8/2004 by Viper]

Very

drmike54

posted on 31/8/04 at 09:42 PM Reply With Quote
I like the idea of a LMP style full body but the money is way to much for now. The Mallock that someone posted a while ago in a similar thread looked nice too.

If I ever get my car started maybe I will build a full body.

ned

posted on 1/9/04 at 08:55 AM Reply With Quote
mallock mk35 with fully enveloping body:

The chassis is quite different to a locost, so not sure it would fit without a lot of work...

Ned.

kingyeddi

posted on 1/9/04 at 05:53 PM Reply With Quote
I like that! Shouldnt be too hard to make a similar body as it looks simpler than saay, the AGM WKR, right?
Hugh Paterson

posted on 1/9/04 at 11:29 PM Reply With Quote
Full bodied (like my taste in women)

Well as it so happens I know a man that can and the sketches have been done and dont look too bad theres a muppet on here thats determined to see it come to fruitation for his BMW powered thingy ma bob, which is why were working on it to get him to shut up. If there was enough interest I dare say it could be put into production if I knew we were going to sell enough bodies to cover the production costs of the plug and mould.
Genuine enquiries to Turner automotive might produce results Hell Hippy and I are going to build it anyway so fellow nutters are welcome to join in
Shug.

sgraber

posted on 2/9/04 at 12:00 AM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Hugh Paterson
Well as it so happens I know a man that can and the sketches have been done and dont look too bad theres a muppet on here thats determined to see it come to fruitation for his BMW powered thingy ma bob, which is why were working on it to get him to shut up. If there was enough interest I dare say it could be put into production if I knew we were going to sell enough bodies to cover the production costs of the plug and mould.
Genuine enquiries to Turner automotive might produce results Hell Hippy and I are going to build it anyway so fellow nutters are welcome to join in
Shug.

Hugh, since you seem to have unleashed the hounds. I might add that I have seen the rendering and it is a JAW dropper. I can't imagine how you WOULDN'T sell a gazillion of them. It's really THAT nice IMHO.

But for the rest of you, I am sworn to secrecy and cannot show the piccy.

Steve Graber

mackie

posted on 2/9/04 at 08:20 AM Reply With Quote
Has anyone seen this guy's project:

go to http://dpcars.net and click on the icon above the mini.

Extremely hicost but looks fantastic.

drmike54

posted on 3/9/04 at 02:32 PM Reply With Quote
I need a career change so I can afford toys like this.
ZEN

posted on 3/9/04 at 06:03 PM Reply With Quote
This isn't a seven but it seams like it could be adaptet do a lo-co chassi.
Click HERE to see the image.

My YouTube channel Cars, bikes - track days, motorsport, sim racing and more.

ned

posted on 6/9/04 at 08:31 AM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by ZEN
This isn't a seven but it seams like it could be adaptet do a lo-co chassi.
Click HERE to see the image.

This is simply an older mallock, similar to the one i posted a picture of earlier in this thread only before they did the fully enveloping bodywork.

Ned.

dern

posted on 7/9/04 at 09:53 AM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by ned
Westfield did a full body for the seven a while back, not sure it ever made it to production, but I did have a picture at one point, I'll see if i can find it..

never did find out anymore about it though and haven't heard anything about it anywhere, just found the pic by chance once..
It's for sale it would appear...

http://www.pistonheads.com/sales/detail.asp?s=107&i=23489&sc=HSGH

...nothing to do with me though.

Mark

<<  1    2  >>
New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.