Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Since Christmas I have been mainly......
pewe

posted on 26/1/11 at 11:38 AM Reply With Quote
Since Christmas I have been mainly......

....sorting out a couple of those jobs which it's nice to have the time to do - as opposed to those jobs you've got to do to keep it on the road.

#1 Silencer heat-shield - since I fried the inside of my wrist whilst putting the helmet on the ground at Sept Goodwood Breakfast Club (that sort of thing always has to happen in public doesn't it?) I've wanted to buy/make a shield. Since I couldn't find one to buy at the right price a quick post on here and WestF27 donated a washing machine drum (thanks Steve). A bit of cutting trimming, folding and general bodging and the result ain't half bad. BTW I stood it off from the silencer by Rivinutting then drilling through them to remove the thread allowing longer cap screws to match up with the existing holes on the silencer ends.
F27 silencer heatshield
F27 silencer heatshield

#2 Rollhoop extension Belt & braces really. The rollhoop which came with the car will support a tank but wearing a helmet means the helmet would be the first thing to touch down were I ever to invert it. I sourced the T45 tubing as a complete hoop but decided to chop it down to a) fit better and b) provide more attachment area.
Again I reckon the end result ain't bad. Thanks to Austen cribbed his extension having seen it Mechanex.
F27 Roll hoop extension
F27 Roll hoop extension

#3 Just for interest - the pic which I bought on a trip to la bella Italia and framed - Nuvolari in an Alfa8c/2300 at the Monaco GP 1932.
SWMBO wouldn't let me put it in the lounge so the garage must be the next (if not the ) best place!
Nuvolari garage pic
Nuvolari garage pic

Cheers, Pewe

[Edited on 26/1/11 by pewe]

omega0684

posted on 26/1/11 at 12:36 PM Reply With Quote
roll bar looks good pewe, but what about your passenger?

I love Pinto's, even if i did get mine from P&O!

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
pewe

posted on 26/1/11 at 12:52 PM Reply With Quote
Good point, Omega ^^ but passenger seat is approx. 80mm lower as it's bolted solid onto flat floor cross-braces with Velcro adjustable foot rest.
Driver's side seat higher as it sits on adjustable runners mounted on chassis rails.
Cheers, Pewe

prawnabie

posted on 26/1/11 at 01:12 PM Reply With Quote
Alex at least his passenger has a chance!
coozer

posted on 26/1/11 at 03:12 PM Reply With Quote
Since Christmas I have been mainly......

Chopping wood, lying on the coach dreaming of what to do if I had some money......

1972 V8 Jago

1980 Z750

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.