Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Progress at Last!
Daddylonglegs

posted on 10/4/10 at 09:09 PM Reply With Quote
Progress at Last!

Making use of the good weather to crack on with the build (even managed to get some grass cut too - keeps the garage points up )

For those that remember this thread, the issue I had has been relatively easily resolved.

I simply added some 1" box aluminium risers to the sides of the scuttle and 'Sikaflexed' them good and proper

The resultant addition of 1" to the height of the scuttle hasn't made that much difference to the lines. Managed to sort the bonnet too, not exactly top-notch quality, but sound, and all mine and most definitely locost

Description
Description

Description
Description

Description
Description

Description
Description

Description
Description

All in all, a good day I feel

It looks like the Midget is winning at the moment......

austin man

posted on 10/4/10 at 09:23 PM Reply With Quote
is the nose cone in the correct positon, you cant usually see the bottom rail

Life is like a bowl of fruit, funny how all the weird looking ones are left alone

Daddylonglegs

posted on 10/4/10 at 09:43 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by austin man
is the nose cone in the correct positon, you cant usually see the bottom rail

It's a +442 which means 4" longer, 4" wider, and 2" taller. That's why the sticky outy bit under the nosecone

I'll be making a F/G extension to cover it up and also to mount the number plate on I think, not sure yet, bit close to the ground

dlatch

posted on 10/4/10 at 11:58 PM Reply With Quote
ride height looks low at the front lower wishbones should be parallel to the ground.

the extra space under the nosecone is perfect for the number plate though

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
Daddylonglegs

posted on 11/4/10 at 10:14 AM Reply With Quote
HAven't set the ride height yet, the shocks have been wound quite a way in to make fitting the 'bones easier, just haven't got round to adjusting it all yet.

boggle

posted on 13/4/10 at 02:46 PM Reply With Quote
looking great mate....

ive spent a fair bit of time on my bonnet now and im still not overly happy with it...

your car is going to look ace

just because you are a character, doesnt mean you have character....

for all your bespoke parts, ali welding, waterjet, laser, folding, turning, milling, composite work, spraying, anodising and cad drawing....

u2u me for details

PLEASE NOTE: This user is a trader who has not signed up for the LocostBuilders registration scheme. If this post is advertising a commercial product or service, please report it by clicking here.

boggle

posted on 13/4/10 at 02:47 PM Reply With Quote
forgot to say.....

i have a book size chassis and my nose cone sits the same...i had to lift it by 20mm for it to look right to the bulkhead..

just because you are a character, doesnt mean you have character....

for all your bespoke parts, ali welding, waterjet, laser, folding, turning, milling, composite work, spraying, anodising and cad drawing....

u2u me for details

PLEASE NOTE: This user is a trader who has not signed up for the LocostBuilders registration scheme. If this post is advertising a commercial product or service, please report it by clicking here.

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.