Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
<<  1    2    3    4    5  >>
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Full bodied Locost shell
Triton

posted on 13/10/05 at 10:10 PM Reply With Quote
10's of thousands of golden nugget things to have something like that taken from a sketch to reality....

My Daughter has taken over production of the damn fine Triton race seats and her contact email is emmatrs@live.co.uk.

www.tritonraceseats.com

www.hairyhedgehog.com

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
jonno

posted on 13/10/05 at 10:33 PM Reply With Quote
Heres a full body on a dutton chassis

[Edited on 13/10/05 by jonno] Rescued attachment Bild047.jpg
Rescued attachment Bild047.jpg

jonno

posted on 13/10/05 at 10:35 PM Reply With Quote
And another Rescued attachment DSCF0062.JPG
Rescued attachment DSCF0062.JPG

FUORISERIE

posted on 14/10/05 at 09:28 AM Reply With Quote
Apologies for the big size of the pictures!! my first posts.
I believe that it's not as difficult as it seems in the drawings, eventhough it would take and investment of 20 to 30,000 pounds for the mould work.
That is if you are interested in manufacturing the kit and creating a production. If you create a one-off it would cost certainly less

Unfortunately prices for this type of work is expensive, and maybe that is why very few kit manufacturers venture into new designs, but instead stay close to the well known kits, or recreate classic kits that have a following and a potential market.

Maybe in a distant future things will change, but these renderings will remain, for the time being, on paper!
Thanks for the comments
cheers
Italo

MikeR

posted on 14/10/05 at 04:39 PM Reply With Quote
well i never, i actually quite like that dutton!
Ketchup

posted on 14/10/05 at 09:44 PM Reply With Quote
turned another to the way of the dutton jonno
stevebubs

posted on 14/10/05 at 10:17 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Avoneer
Mark, both pics are Lotus Elans - the real deal!

Got a book full of pics like that.

Pat...

Makes me wonder if Jeremy Phillips just took a mould off the front of an elan for the Fury - the front is scarily similar, and the windscreen on a Fury is definitely an S2 elan....

ned

posted on 15/10/05 at 08:30 AM Reply With Quote
that dutton looks like a mallock k-sports or westfield xtr nose section to me and the artists impressions above look like a combo of db7/ puma at front and smart coupe at rear..

i think i like them...

Ned

[Edited on 15/10/05 by ned]

beware, I've got yellow skin

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
skint scotsman

posted on 8/11/05 at 08:01 PM Reply With Quote
bit of tinkering with photo shop an he-presto
based around the jag f-type prototype over a cateringvan chassis

hinged front as triton suggested doors hinge at the windscreen and would be for show only chassis would be 'as book' underneath

donut

posted on 16/11/05 at 05:50 PM Reply With Quote
I like the idea for a full body for my Indy. I think it would be a good idea if we could get a little database of different 7's and thir dimentions as not all chassis are the same. This would make it easier for the 'kit manufacturer' to make the mountings for each make of chassis.

What say you?

Andy

When I die, I want to go peacefully like my Grandfather did, in his sleep -- not screaming, like the passengers in his car.
http://www.flickr.com/photos/andywest1/

donut

posted on 16/11/05 at 06:48 PM Reply With Quote
How about this, it's Tritons body on an Indy chassis.

[img][/img]

Andy

When I die, I want to go peacefully like my Grandfather did, in his sleep -- not screaming, like the passengers in his car.

Deckman001

posted on 16/11/05 at 08:43 PM Reply With Quote
It would have to some rad to fit in the space avaliable !!
Front does look nice though

Jason

donut

posted on 18/11/05 at 04:33 PM Reply With Quote
I'm thinking Gulf Oils colours like my Mini?

Andy

Deckman001

posted on 18/11/05 at 05:16 PM Reply With Quote
Jag 'F' type,, Yes please

Jason

MikeR

posted on 18/11/05 at 05:31 PM Reply With Quote
well you've got no chance with the 'f' type from Jag.

Dated a girl a few years ago who worked on designing the processes they use to build a car (what gets built when etc) and they didn't think they could make it back then.

Got a friend coming round tonight who works for them and the main priority is making a profit at the moment - not sexy new cars with limited buyer appeal like the f type (by buyer appeal i mean, only a few of us could afford it as apposed to would love to own it)

Triton

posted on 20/11/05 at 09:53 PM Reply With Quote
At the moment the body isn't wide enough for either a book Locost let alone the Indy, also it's got a 90"wheelbase......but these are small spuds compared to starting from scratch

My Daughter has taken over production of the damn fine Triton race seats and her contact email is emmatrs@live.co.uk.

www.tritonraceseats.com

www.hairyhedgehog.com

Deckman001

posted on 20/11/05 at 09:57 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by MikeR
well you've got no chance with the 'f' type from Jag.

Dated a girl a few years ago who worked on designing the processes they use to build a car (what gets built when etc) and they didn't think they could make it back then.

Got a friend coming round tonight who works for them and the main priority is making a profit at the moment - not sexy new cars with limited buyer appeal like the f type (by buyer appeal i mean, only a few of us could afford it as apposed to would love to own it)

Having worked on the refit of A1/2? can never remeber,, the new baby jag Xk is a peach and is so dam quiet when they want to be, nearly got run over by one cos i didn't hear it comming !!

Jason

[Edited on 20/11/05 by Deckman001]

donut

posted on 23/11/05 at 07:41 PM Reply With Quote
So Mr Triton Sir, does this mean you are going to design a new body for us??

If so can we submit design ideas?

Oooh this is very exciting!! ( it don't take much to get me going!! just ask the wife!!! )

Andy

donut

posted on 24/11/05 at 09:11 AM Reply With Quote
Also found this.... It's a Nota Streamliner and looks close to your body Mr Triton.

Image deleted by owner

Nota colour pic
Nota colour pic

[Edited on 24/11/05 by donut]

Andy

donut

posted on 24/11/05 at 09:28 AM Reply With Quote
Of course as Mr Deckman001 said in a previous post, there is always this which i'm sure will (with a bit of fettling) will fit the MK Chassis as it'sMK who build the modified chassis for these cars.

Andy

donut

posted on 25/11/05 at 08:23 AM Reply With Quote
Or theres this from GTS!!

[Edited on 25/11/05 by donut]

Andy

ettore bugatti

posted on 25/11/05 at 10:31 AM Reply With Quote
I always wondered what that 11 body would look like with open (normal) wheelarches
Triton

posted on 27/11/05 at 03:14 PM Reply With Quote
I prefer the Nota Streamliner out of those pictures posted......the 11 for me is " been there done that" And the Nota is not that far off the 581

Cheers
Mark:

www.tritonraceseats.com

www.hairyhedgehog.com

donut

posted on 27/11/05 at 07:48 PM Reply With Quote
So whats the plan stan? Are you able to modify the moulds so that the body of the 581 is the correct dimentions for Locosts, Mk's etc etc?

Will you be going ahead with it as i am interested.

Andy

Triton

posted on 27/11/05 at 08:35 PM Reply With Quote
OO yes and no mistake. I don't want to alter the moulds as they are almost 50yrs old or something daft like that so will make a body then modify that to fit MK's Locosts etc then make a new set of moulds....the originals can then be put into storage.
Triton 581 has a nice ring to it and a name the diamond geeza i got the moulds from thought appropriate so the original name is retained in part form.
Cheers
Mark

www.tritonraceseats.com

www.hairyhedgehog.com

<<  1    2    3    4    5  >>
New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.