B
C

Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
<<  1    2  >>
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: New concepts
tadltd

posted on 10/9/04 at 10:32 PM Reply With Quote
If we get enough demand, then yes, we may produce an alternative bodykit based on the poll results...

Best Regards,

Steve.
www.turnerautosport.com

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
leto

posted on 11/9/04 at 07:12 AM Reply With Quote
One A, but with the doorhandles above knee hight, please.

I really like C better but as pointed out, there are a few around already.

I'm not sure the bonnet on B will work on a wide car body.

“I'm gonna ride around in style
I'm gonna drive everybody wild
'Cause I'll have the only one there is a round”. (J. Cash)

posted on 11/9/04 at 08:19 AM Reply With Quote
Everybody is pointing out that C is "similar" and "been done" before but other than a slight resemblence with the door style and perhaps,just perhaps the curve of the back with a Jag,i see no plagiate commited here.
Would somebody care to put the "clones"
next to each other so we can compare?

This is probably one of the better body designs in it's class for the last decade.
Even the color match is superb!!!

(Do you guys think i like this design?)

liam.mccaffrey

posted on 11/9/04 at 12:41 PM Reply With Quote
i have to go with B mainly cause i thats what i am hoping my car to look like i really like the way the back looks.

i fi could have the back of b and the front of a i would be a happy man

can anyone see fiat coupe in "A"?

i really like C it just looks so sleek and aggresive, but still friendly? do you know what i mean. i have voted b, because that what i am building. but if i could choose anything it would be C what a head turner!!

Build Blog
Build Photo Album

Hugh Paterson

posted on 11/9/04 at 12:57 PM Reply With Quote
Aw nuts I dont like the way this poll is going now, oi twats 500 hits and only 58 people have the gumption to comment on these beasties....feck at this rate it looks like Im going back 14 years to build a bloody ginetta lookalike, been there seen it got the t-shirt to hell with the sleek looks, get some attitude fellas, BOLD is better. At this rate we will all be better going out to buy cateringvans!!
Shug.

phil_far

posted on 11/9/04 at 03:48 PM Reply With Quote
Option B and C look best B being more 'innovative' whilst C being a bit more traditionl although still cool. Great work!
I am bound to order my body for my locost shall I wait for the new body design?

Philip

Dale

posted on 11/9/04 at 06:50 PM Reply With Quote
Personally I like the gracefullness of "C" I dont really like A, and B looks way to heavy on the front for my taste- too bulbess. Only my opinion -I hope you dont mind but I made a very crude edit on B to a more traditional bonnet. If you dont want it left up I will delete it.
Dale

posted on 11/9/04 at 06:50 PM Reply With Quote
missed the attatchment Rescued attachment Resize of concept04n.JPG
Rescued attachment Resize of concept04n.JPG

sgraber

posted on 12/9/04 at 02:55 PM Reply With Quote
SteveT - We have been talking about your renderings on another middy forum. (big WOW factor from all btw!) The guys think 'B' would make a good middy. Move the cabin forward a bit, add an engine vent and lower the hood line...

I think it's the answer to all those naysayers that claim a Seven-ish middy can't be done! This could be the spark needed to revolution the genre!

Steve Graber
http://www.grabercars.com/

"Quickness through lightness"

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
Peteff

posted on 12/9/04 at 04:40 PM Reply With Quote
I voted C

It looks like A with the angles smoothed out. B looks like a plastic jelly mould from the 50's.

yours, Pete

I went into the RSPCA office the other day. It was so small you could hardly swing a cat in there.

ettore bugatti

posted on 12/9/04 at 09:46 PM Reply With Quote
A is too heavy at the front looks like a caddilac. B is quite raw and pure and would indeed work good on a middy. C is my favourite although I understand the crirism posted about it, but some detailing would give more original look. btw I noticed that the seat postion is quite forward. With a lsis chassis you have too put a part of the door above the rear tyre because the position of the driver.
Mark Allanson

posted on 12/9/04 at 10:07 PM Reply With Quote
Applying K.I.S.S. Rescued attachment middie locost.jpg
Rescued attachment middie locost.jpg

If you can keep you head, whilst all others around you are losing theirs, you are not fully aware of the situation

tadltd

posted on 12/9/04 at 11:09 PM Reply With Quote
Maybe I'll do something with 'B' as a middie then, but not for a couple of weeks.

The bonnet line on this, and the other cars, is intentionally high to clear the 6-cylinder BMW engine!

Steve Graber - where's this other middie forum that you've been discussing these concepts on?

Best Regards,

Steve.
www.turnerautosport.com

Dale

posted on 12/9/04 at 11:44 PM Reply With Quote
I am not familiar with the beemer engine shape but just a molded bump or hump to clear or I think the westfield black mesh one would not take away as much as a full hump in the hood.
Dale

sgraber

posted on 13/9/04 at 12:31 AM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by tadltd
Maybe I'll do something with 'B' as a middie then, but not for a couple of weeks.

Steve Graber - where's this other middie forum that you've been discussing these concepts on?

http://www.mr2oc.com/forumdisplay.php?s=&forumid=8
You have to be a member to join and it's really specific to MR2 scratch built cars.

It would be neat to see you work it up as a middie Steve T!

Steve Graber
http://www.grabercars.com/

"Quickness through lightness"

<<  1    2  >>
New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.