Board logo

MotaLeira floor tub and fuel tank progress
nitram38 - 21/10/08 at 02:15 PM

The floor tub is made and fitted and just requires a central tunnel to be made. I also plan on fitting a passenger footrest.
The fuel tank is also in.
I have fitted the handbrake cables and cut holes for the water pipes to the front rad (pipes on order also silicone elbows from rally design).
The wishbones are all off to the powder coaters.
Should be on it's wheels very soon!

Yes the pads have dropped off the seat, but I will stick them back later!

Description
Description

Description
Description

Description
Description

Description
Description

Description
Description

[Edited on 21/10/2008 by nitram38]

speedyxjs - 21/10/08 at 02:37 PM

Very nice Martin
Its been a while since iv seen the progress of your car (could be lack of time on here)

dinosaurjuice - 21/10/08 at 02:40 PM

looking good!!

liking the fuel tank - very heat!

the black paint kind of looks like the reformed rubber slabs they have in play parks - i quite like it...what is it? is it durable?

nitram38 - 21/10/08 at 02:49 PM

quote:
Originally posted by dinosaurjuice
looking good!!

liking the fuel tank - very heat!

the black paint kind of looks like the reformed rubber slabs they have in play parks - i quite like it...what is it? is it durable?

Epoxy Mastic 121.
Basically bullet proof but rough!

cloudy - 21/10/08 at 05:07 PM

Looks the t*ts!

Wadders - 21/10/08 at 06:51 PM

Looking really good, love the engineering,

really sorry if this sounds negative, but that paint job really detracts from the rest of the build.

I know it will be a pain to redo it, but sometimes you just gotta bite the bullet.

Keep up the good work.

ATB
Al.

mr henderson - 21/10/08 at 07:01 PM

I think the paint is OK, by the time the car is finished nobody will be looking at the paint on the chassis. In fact, as long as the finish is consistent then it'll be alright

John

lsdweb - 21/10/08 at 07:08 PM

Martin.

Impressive!!!!!

Wyn

nitram38 - 21/10/08 at 07:19 PM

When all the panels are on, the aluminium pipes with purple silicone hoses, the wishbones which should be the same colour as the seat pads (powder coat), the carbon cycle wings and headlight shells, rear F3 spoiler and exposed chrome bilstein shocks (air suspension) with red control pipes, nobody will give the chassis a second look!

The beauty of a rough paint job is that it can be repainted and always look new.
Patched paintwork always looks shite.