Board logo

Carbon fibre mirrors
chris_harris_ - 7/7/08 at 09:01 PM

Hi Guys looking for some nice mirrors and came across THESE anyone used them for sva, or similar ones.
Thanks

omega0684 - 7/7/08 at 09:23 PM

i would doubt that they would meet sva requirements, i have the racetech ones and you can't see jack out of them

russbost - 7/7/08 at 09:52 PM

They look very similar to the carbon look ones I do on ebay (except they are real carbon fibre, if that's to be believed) - which I would say won't pass SVA. I'd also point out they are in Taiwan & he has low feedback

Dusty - 7/7/08 at 10:48 PM

Not going to be big enough. Have to accommodate a rectangle 40mm high by 70mm wide and a line vertical to the rectangle of 70mm. Rescued attachment mirrorsva.jpg
Rescued attachment mirrorsva.jpg

simoto - 7/7/08 at 11:22 PM

Brill that helps me too, thanks.

scoop - 8/7/08 at 08:48 AM

I got some CBR ones which were in carbon effect e marked and big enough. They were from a guy on ebay from Canada.

Davey D - 8/7/08 at 09:13 AM

Im looking for some carbon mirrors, but dont know which ones to get.

At the newark kitcar show i think it was the EuropeSpares stand, they had some carbon SPA mirrors, and i thought the quality looked absolutely crap

then whilst browsing around the manufacturers stands i was looking at the MK stand, and there was a white Indy with carbon mirrors which looked really nice, but when i asked one of the blokes on the MK stand about them he didnt know where they was from, and then glared at me like he was telling me to clear off

chris_harris_ - 8/7/08 at 09:25 AM

Looks like its back to the drawing board then. May have to go down the bike mirror route for the sva and then change them after. Need to find some with single hole fixing then. Thanks for all your input guys. I'll let you know how i go.

Any help on something likeTHIS instead.

[Edited on 8/7/08 by chris_harris_]