Board logo

Green Dream
Rob Bartley - 6/6/08 at 12:25 PM

I have had this thought going through my mind for a while now & would appreciate some opinions please.

I really fancy painting me little motor in an uber bright, day-glow green type of affair. Something really bold & illuminous but have not seen anything to base this madness on

Has anyone got any piccies or suggestions to point me in the right/bright direction.

Cheers, Rob

DaveFJ - 6/6/08 at 12:36 PM

there are a few around in Kawasaki green.. that's pretty damn close to luminous....

02GF74 - 6/6/08 at 12:39 PM

seach for flourescent green paint.

and whilst you are at it, have you considered getting your own DNA modified to add the flourescent green gene?

A fluorescent mouse under normal light:

And under a black light:

kj - 6/6/08 at 12:45 PM

Kawasaki Green,

piddy - 6/6/08 at 12:51 PM

How about this?

vinny1275 - 6/6/08 at 01:01 PM

The current (997) Porche 911 GT3 RS comes in quite a shocking flat (not metallic) green. Looks pretty good imho....

Rob Bartley - 6/6/08 at 01:03 PM

I like the thought of a DNA mod! Could get a job at the circus then to try & subsidise the paint job

But i do like that caterham in a sick sort of way.

Mmmmmmmmm.........what to do?

omega 24 v6 - 6/6/08 at 01:48 PM

just got my green paint today. It's supposed to be the BP ultimate colour as BRIGHT OR WHAT?

smart51 - 6/6/08 at 03:34 PM

For day glow, what you want is a white base with a translucent green top coat. That way, you get a colour equivalent to the dynorod van orange. Highlighter pens work exactly the same way.

procomp - 9/6/08 at 07:12 AM

Hi Rob you will be wanting to join the rest of the team. These two are done in the fluorescent orange. But the the paint manufacturer dose most colours in fluorescent. The only issue is it needs 14 coats of paint. And trying to match the colour exactly after stone chips or race damage is neigh on impossible.

Cheers Matt

However the cars stand out very well in a crowded track and can not be missed for timing purposes ect.

Steve and Matt in the allcomers race at snetterton
Steve and Matt in the allcomers race at snetterton
[/img]

Rob Bartley - 9/6/08 at 07:49 AM

Hi Matt

Sounds like we need to have a bit of a chat about loads of stuff

Still thinking about getting out for the odd race but need a couple of track days under my belt first Do you reckon my none-up-to-spec motor will be ok? The paint job is something that i have fancied for ages but OMG 14 coats!! I was only thinking of the rear panel, bonnet, scuttle & nose cone.

Catch up soon.

Cheers, Rob