Board logo

I've been busy again!
Mark Allanson - 1/2/08 at 06:16 PM

After my car was hit while parked, I have finally got it all painted, on the final run now, just got to put it all together again!

Very special thanks to Triton (Mark) who sorted out my fibreglass - TOP BLOKE, so buy loads of his seats!!!

[Edited on 3/2/08 by Mark Allanson] Rescued attachment IMG_8778.jpg
Rescued attachment IMG_8778.jpg

NigeEss - 1/2/08 at 06:20 PM

Ooohh

blakep82 - 1/2/08 at 06:26 PM

i thought that red thing round your exhaust was drawn onto avatar. didn't know it was real

smart51 - 1/2/08 at 06:27 PM

That's a very shiny blue colour. What colour is it exactly?

And what's your silencer made from? Pink Perspex?

Mark Allanson - 1/2/08 at 06:39 PM

Its JFV Trophy Blue, the MG colour, I was going to paint the exhaust protector in the same colour, but forgot all about it until you mentioned it - bugger!

onzarob - 1/2/08 at 06:57 PM

Looking very cool

speedyxjs - 1/2/08 at 07:00 PM

quote:
Originally posted by blakep82
i thought that red thing round your exhaust was drawn onto avatar. didn't know it was real

Thats what i thought too

Danozeman - 1/2/08 at 07:26 PM

quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Originally posted by blakep82
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Thats what i thought too

And me.

I love that blue!!

roadrunner - 1/2/08 at 07:48 PM

It does look very nice and shiney.

Mr Whippy - 1/2/08 at 07:58 PM

very good, nice job

madteg - 1/2/08 at 11:05 PM

VERY NICE COLOUR

nick205 - 1/2/08 at 11:41 PM

^^^ it's already been said, but Mark that is a gorgeous colour and looks very well applied too

Macbeast - 2/2/08 at 05:51 AM

terrific colour

Like the wet weather gear too

2b_pablo - 5/2/08 at 10:32 AM

brilliant job, nothing like nice fresh paint

defo lose the red tho, looks very out of place

andyps - 5/2/08 at 07:05 PM

What is the plastic sheet you have used to mask it? When I last did a large section of painting I had what I thought was a great idea to use industrial type cling film to mask parts of the car, not thinking that the paint wouldn't stick to it particularly well - small breeze on any loose sections and I flakes of paint blowing around!

Looks great by the way.

Mark Allanson - 5/2/08 at 09:12 PM

Andy, it is made for the job 3M masking sheet. It comes on a roll and unfurles to a car sized bag which you cover the car. You then cut out the panels to be painted and mask back. Makes it very easy.

PaulBuz - 7/2/08 at 12:01 PM

another top job Mark.
Always nice to see how the experts do it!

andyps - 11/2/08 at 01:48 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Mark Allanson
Andy, it is made for the job 3M masking sheet. It comes on a roll and unfurles to a car sized bag which you cover the car. You then cut out the panels to be painted and mask back. Makes it very easy.

Thanks Mark - will look that one up next time I am doing some painting.

Mark Allanson - 11/2/08 at 08:28 PM

The rolls are quite expensive, but a bodyshop should sell you 20' for about £5.00