Board logo

Choosing a colour is freaking me out!
Hammerhead - 12/1/08 at 01:45 PM

I can't seem to settle on a colour for my Indy bodywork, It's a bit like my wheels, I took ages deciding and it stesses me out.

Anyway this week I have gone from White, to Rizla Suzuki Blue, and now to Yellow (which I know is very popular) I plan on having a few nice carbon bits on it like cycle wings, light housings and aero screen. I will also be having the full cage.

I don't want red or black or orange or dark blue etc etc.

Anyway just thought I'd vent!

UncleFista - 12/1/08 at 01:49 PM

Carbon looks even lovelier when it's set against white (and white seems to be the new black in car terms)

My 2p..

indykid - 12/1/08 at 02:21 PM

i don't think you should have a yellow one with a full cage

i agree with uncle fista. chris mason's indy looked really good in white and carbon

what wheels have you got?

tom

tul214 - 12/1/08 at 02:31 PM

http://www.pistonheads.com/sales/332186.htm

Agree...white looks nice with carbon.

[Edited on 12/1/08 by tul214]

RazMan - 12/1/08 at 02:38 PM

On the other hand yellow and carbon look lovely together

Hammerhead - 12/1/08 at 02:51 PM

these are the wheels
wheels
wheels

I think I will go for a graphite colour rollcage. Don't worry indykid it wouldn't look too much like yours.

I'm with you Razman, I am getting more and more tempted by the yellow and carbon combo. My mates got a triumph t595 in yellow and it looks awesome.

Interesting that the rizla blue is not getting any thumbs up.

piddy - 12/1/08 at 02:52 PM

Yellow or Orange

Paul TigerB6 - 12/1/08 at 03:00 PM

I'm going for a metallic silver grey (saw it on a Nissan 350Z) with metallic charcoal grey rear wings. Carbon CSR type aero front wings, aeroscreen and dash. Dont paint yours those colours though - i want mine to be unique (well its a Tiger anyway so not so common).

Do something totally different i recon - I was very tempted by a blue / green colour that you get on the new Vauxhall Tigra - very bold and surprisingly bright

Hammerhead - 12/1/08 at 03:04 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Paul TigerB6
I'm going for a metallic silver grey (saw it on a Nissan 350Z) with metallic charcoal grey rear wings. Carbon CSR type aero front wings, aeroscreen and dash. Dont paint yours those colours though - i want mine to be unique (well its a Tiger anyway so not so common).

Do something totally different i recon - I was very tempted by a blue / green colour that you get on the new Vauxhall Tigra - very bold and surprisingly bright

That sounds like a great combo. I do want the colour to be easily seen by other drivers in the hope that they don't crash into me.

NOT orange piddy

tks - 12/1/08 at 03:31 PM

don't do white or you will need to invest in a cleaning department

Tks

omega 24 v6 - 12/1/08 at 04:51 PM

quote:

don't do white or you will need to invest in a cleaning department

I had a white carlton estate and it never looked dirty unless you wiped it while it was dirty ( if you see what I mean) My current dark green Omega is a pig to keep clean NEVER AGAIN a dark coloured car. I'd go for either white with the carbon or yellow with the carbon

matt.c - 12/1/08 at 05:43 PM

dont have TANGO orange.

White is cool.

indykid - 12/1/08 at 06:24 PM

if you have yellow and carbon, you'd need black wheels.

it might make it look like mine, but it might as well look right (IMHO of course)

i think with any light colour and dark arches, you need darker wheels.
white with black arches and silver/white wheels does work though.

tom

Shamrock GS - 12/1/08 at 07:38 PM

I dont think you should dismiss Ford Performance Blue out of hand......

Gary

piddy - 12/1/08 at 07:57 PM

code:

I once saw this tiger at a show colours looked graet together Rescued attachment Dcp_0024 small.jpg
Rescued attachment Dcp_0024 small.jpg

onzarob - 12/1/08 at 10:00 PM

IMO all the base colours look good, metallic paints peralesent finish ect just look wrong.

I like the white indy on there site though. top left in gallery of bec engine cars

mad gaz - 12/1/08 at 10:24 PM

it took me 2 months 2 sort my colour . i think old school is best .but if u want white and carbon look at paul fishers pictures Rescued attachment gulf indy 011.jpg
Rescued attachment gulf indy 011.jpg

Hammerhead - 12/1/08 at 10:57 PM

quote:
Originally posted by mad gaz
it took me 2 months 2 sort my colour . i think old school is best .but if u want white and carbon look at paul fishers pictures

Your car look the nuts!!!

I an definately vearing towards yellow. Thanks for the input guys.

thunderace - 12/1/08 at 11:32 PM

im going for yellow
why???
you wont say you didnt see it .
i did want a spearmint but the mrs loves fiat punto yellow the "Ferrari yellow"

http://www.viptuningpro.com/images/F430%20Ferrari%20yellow-L.jpg

so i got 5l of it.i know im less likely to be hit by someone saying they didnt see me.

get the coulors you like on a card and look at the evry day for a week by the end of the week you will know 100% what you want.

[Edited on 12/1/08 by thunderace]

2b_pablo - 13/1/08 at 09:54 AM

knock yourself out:

http://www.westfield-world.com/flash_changer.html

I went for this in the end (but with carbon wings):