Board logo

Rear Wheel Arch
907 - 1/8/07 at 04:46 PM

Hi All,

I'm on holiday at the moment so I've a bit of time to spend on the car.

Yesterday I bashed some ally, today I bashed it some more.
I'm quite pleased with the way the arches are coming along and
with a bit of luck I'll have the other side screwed on tomorrow.

That's another bit to add to the filing, rubbing down, and polishing list.

Sorry, but I couldn't resist posting a pic.

Atb
Paul G Rescued attachment 1-rear-wing-s.jpg
Rescued attachment 1-rear-wing-s.jpg

DIY Si - 1/8/07 at 04:58 PM

Looking good there! Have you a finish date in mind, or just it's done when it's done?

David Jenkins - 1/8/07 at 05:00 PM

Paul,

Is it true that your forthcoming sausage fest is really a "bring a polishing rag" party?

907 - 1/8/07 at 05:21 PM

Sausage meet is a "Lay A Brick" party. (the well)

2008 is "The Year of the Rag"

Atb
Paul G

Peteff - 3/8/07 at 09:52 AM

Did you find anything else out about the history of the well or are you still looking into it? It would be nice to hear your findings or your plans for it, it's an interesting feature worth documenting or preserving in some form. Not so dramatic but in our back yard I took down a lean to and removed the concrete base it was on and underneath was a drain carved from stone about 2' across with a cast iron grid which is now exposed and acts as a useful soak away.

DarrenW - 3/8/07 at 10:31 AM

Im loving the car and the craftsmanship. Very nice indeed. Also love the back 'yard'. I wish i had a small one like that

907 - 3/8/07 at 11:49 AM

quote:
Originally posted by Peteff
Did you find anything else out about the history of the well or are you still looking into it? It would be nice to hear your findings or your plans for it, it's an interesting feature worth documenting or preserving in some form. Not so dramatic but in our back yard I took down a lean to and removed the concrete base it was on and underneath was a drain carved from stone about 2' across with a cast iron grid which is now exposed and acts as a useful soak away.

Hi Pete

It was possibly dug around 1910 when the house (+ 3 others) was built.
In the 50's the mains water came to the village and a single tap was installed in the front
garden near the road for the 4 houses. I still use it to wash the car.

I have cleared the area around the well, turfed it, and put up a fence to act as a wind break. (see pic)
Now I need a brickie.

You can't lay bricks can you?

It should make a nice sun trap area to sit in when it's done.

Hi Darren,

Don't know about the craftsmanship. It still needs a lot of rubbing down where I welded in a crescent
shaped piece on the outer rad.

That garden isn't all mine. That's next doors front lawn over the lavender.

Thanks for the comments.

Atb
Paul G Rescued attachment well-s.jpg
Rescued attachment well-s.jpg