Board logo

locostbuilders stickers
soggy 3 - 27/6/07 at 11:35 PM

A bit late posting this but if you look at the side of the car you can just see (I dont know how to zoom in)one of the locostbuilders stickers i had made at stonleigh,I thought it fitting as it would probably still be in bits if i hadnt found this forum.

RK - 27/6/07 at 11:37 PM

How did you do the side scoop? That's the sort of thing I'll need for my Toyota engine. If I ever get that far...

soggy 3 - 27/6/07 at 11:47 PM

I made out of a bit of aluminum i folded one end over then curved it using my leg/a gas bottle and a curved dolly after lots of trial fitting and rounding the back off i screwed it down and bonded on from underneath.then removed the screws filled and painted it
All in a days work

RK - 27/6/07 at 11:52 PM

Looks very nice from here. Just the right spot for mine too. I only live a few thousand kms from you so you can drop in any time and show me exactly how you did it!

shades - 28/6/07 at 06:47 AM

What seats have you used? I am looking of some for mine at the moment and yours look good. Do they fit the avon well? I need as much leg room as I can get...

speedyxjs - 28/6/07 at 06:58 AM

Very nice
I want to have a similar sticker on mine when i have built it.

Wadders - 28/6/07 at 07:13 AM

They look like westfield race seats to me, if so yes they are nice.
Fine looking car BTW, did you paint it yourself?
ATB
Al.

Originally posted by shades
What seats have you used? I am looking of some for mine at the moment and yours look good. Do they fit the avon well? I need as much leg room as I can get...

ReMan - 28/6/07 at 07:53 AM

quote:
Originally posted by soggy 3
I thought it fitting as it would probably still be in bits if i hadnt found this forum.

Yep me too. One of the best groups on the web this
I had the Locostbuilder and Reman one done at xmas by a gent on here, but got the new one made Newark for a laugh! Rescued attachment 100_0045s.jpg
Rescued attachment 100_0045s.jpg

SeaBass - 28/6/07 at 03:15 PM

What's the I for in SWIMBO??

Is it Instinctively??

les - 28/6/07 at 03:59 PM

stickers look great,

where did you guys get them from?

i owe the forum a bit of advertising- i also wouldent of got the car finished without it!!

les

Peteff - 28/6/07 at 04:24 PM

She who is mostly being obeyed?

bob - 28/6/07 at 06:06 PM

I somehow managed to lose my sticker Ray sent me a while back, when the car was in bits i rolled it up nice and neat then stashed it somewhere

Can i find it now

soggy 3 - 28/6/07 at 09:53 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Wadders
They look like westfield race seats to me, if so yes they are nice.
Fine looking car BTW, did you paint it yourself?
ATB
Al.
cheers,i did all the prep work but my brother-inlaw painted it for me.

Originally posted by shades

yes mate they are westfield race seats they fit well i made some brackets to side mount them.

soggy 3 - 28/6/07 at 09:57 PM

I got the stickers made up at the sticker place in between the part stalls hall and the for sale hall at stonleigh but most good local sign place will be able to do it.

DIY Si - 29/6/07 at 05:02 PM

Looking good there mate. So, when's the SVA due then?

soggy 3 - 29/6/07 at 11:55 PM

Just trying to find the time to finish it mate,do you know how to do the geometry?

DIY Si - 30/6/07 at 10:50 PM

Bit of string if going locost, if not 4 wheel alignment at a local garage. Or try a tyre place and get them to set it all for you. There's only really toe at the front and camber all round that you can adjust on yours IIRC.