Board logo

dax arches
dilley - 1/1/07 at 06:08 PM

Do the rears fit an mk indy, Has anyone tried?

Hellfire - 1/1/07 at 06:28 PM

Somebody is currently trying - Picture courtesy of Svenkev. I think the Dax front and rear arches would look great on an Indy.

Description
Description

Phil

Avoneer - 1/1/07 at 06:45 PM

Wonder if they would fit on an Avon, hmmmmmmm.

Pat...

mandbsheldon - 1/1/07 at 06:54 PM

I rang and spoke to someone at Dax, they said would fit fine and were willing to sell them to me, but I think it was about £500 for the set

Leigh

thegasmen - 1/1/07 at 08:56 PM

One thing i do Know DAX know how to charge.

regards mick

macnab - 1/1/07 at 09:25 PM

quote:
Originally posted by thegasmen
One thing i do Know DAX know how to charge.

regards mick

One thing i do Know DAX know how to rip you off...

Besides their to small I need 18 inch ones on my car he he

iiyama - 1/1/07 at 10:21 PM

As Im building a DAX I have a set of rear arches. To this end, I will be taking a mould and making some pre-preg carbon babies!

May make some to sell if there is any interest, and they will be somewhat less then £500.........

indykid - 1/1/07 at 10:53 PM

if you were to do some carbon front ones, i'd be very interested!

i've got a set in black grp already (£115 btw) but would love some carbon ones. didn't think to question dax on their prices for carbon. my student loan's enough, i don't need a mortgage too!

tom

iiyama - 2/1/07 at 09:06 AM

Doing the fronts as well. ALready have the mould for those. Rears will be more expensive as unlike the fronts, they are handed....obviously!

PS I dont think the DAx units are Pre-Preg, I think they are wt laid. Am also not sure that some of their carbon is carbon if you know what I mean! Certainly their headlight units and stone guards are not.

[Edited on 2/1/07 by iiyama]

Hellfire - 2/1/07 at 12:59 PM

We'd be interested in front and rears. How soon could they be ready?

Phil

iiyama - 2/1/07 at 01:51 PM

Be a couple of weeks for the fronts, and a while yet for the rears as I havent made the moulds yet...

mandbsheldon - 2/1/07 at 05:36 PM

Oh boy, put me down for a set as well!!!

Leigh

iiyama - 2/1/07 at 05:42 PM

Before ya all go mad, I need to sort some pricing! Give me untill the end of the week and I should be able to post pricing for the fronts....

Liam - 2/1/07 at 06:29 PM

A dax chassis tapers inwards (i.e. gets narrower) from the front of the rear arches to the back of a car, doesn't it? So if you stuck dax arches on a parallel sided MK chassis wouldn't they look a bit wrong? I dunno - maybe it wouldn't really be noticable, or would look fine even if you could notice?

Anyway - i'm well interested in a set of front arches for mine! Would be interested in a price in GRP if possible as I'm skint and tight.

Cheers

Liam

iiyama - 2/1/07 at 07:03 PM

Not doing any GRP bud, dont get involved with it......Sorry!

Havent checked to see if the sides are parallel, Ill take a gander

Stu16v - 2/1/07 at 08:57 PM

The Dax arches will not fit an MK or similar)without some fairly serious surgery. If you look closely, the Dax 'tapers' from the rear, whereas most sevenesque clones taper form the rear of the scuttle - the rear section is parellel. This means the mounting flanges of the Dax arches sadly are nowhere near.

It can be done though - my car has them. Ok, so not a MK, but you get the idea...

Description
Description

Description
Description

iiyama - 3/1/07 at 05:14 PM

I can indeed confirm that there is a taper......

Mave - 3/1/07 at 05:50 PM

I've fitted them to my Indy, but had to add a taper to get them straight:

the moa 2 - 19/1/07 at 09:46 PM

I had some lovely Dax arches and hacked them to pices to make them fit my Locost chassis the main reason was the width of them my wheels looked lost inside the arches.

Isnt Hindsight great i should have sold them and bought some that fit.

Well thats what i wanna do now anyway cause i wanna try and keep the weight down and the dax arches are great quality but also very thick and weigh alot.

I would also be up for some carbon ones but preferably some that fit.

iiyama - 19/1/07 at 11:14 PM

well make a mould, send it to me and Ill get some made for ya!

wanna price?