Board logo

NACA duct suppliers?
RazMan - 12/8/06 at 06:28 PM

I am having trouble finding a supplier of fibreglass (not plastic) NACA ducts Mac Rally distributors are all out of stock and want to charge an arm and two legs for delivery

Anyone got any ideas?

Mr G - 12/8/06 at 07:19 PM

MAC RALLYING DISTRIBUTORS THE SAME AS MC RALLYING???? If so ignore the following

MC rallying do them for £17.99 a pop with mesh

http://www.mcrallying.net/pages/general/bonnet-grills_prod.htm

p&p appears to be £6.50 inc or less... not sure if that's a good or bad thing as to what you've already been quoted.

(This company supplies mc rallying fibreglass parts, so they might have some in stock - cheaper prices than mc rallying - delivery is strange though, can't figure out if a minimum postage cost of £45 applies or not HERE

FIBRESPORTS do a rs1700T kit which has naca's for the bonnet so they might be worth a ring -

http://www.fibresports.co.uk/

Pro Sport don't seem to exist anymore

http://www.smithanddeakin.co.uk/ might be another option.

Cheers

G

[Edited on 12/8/06 by Mr G]

Howlor - 12/8/06 at 07:34 PM

I have a pair of carbon ones up for grabs if your interested?

Steve

Carbonman2 - 12/8/06 at 08:04 PM

ji, we can do them, we suppy to most rally outlets. email us john.higgs1@btinternet.com with what you need.

RazMan - 12/8/06 at 08:46 PM

Mr G - Thanks for all the links. I did mean MC Rallying but my finger must have slipped There are quite a few outlets that advertise their duct & scoops but when you order them they often cancel the order with an 'out of stock' reply I will explore your other links though - much appreciated.

Howlor & Carbonman2 - I suspect that your prices will be a little more than I can expect for fibreglass versions. I am making a small roof duct and possibly remodelling some larger side intakes on my middy project so carbon would be wasted as I am going to use them as a basic shape to blend in to a fibreglass body.

You can always U2U me if you think I am wrong though

DIY Si - 12/8/06 at 08:49 PM

I thought you had that sorted? Or have you changed your mind again?!

RazMan - 12/8/06 at 08:54 PM

quote:
Originally posted by DIY Si
I thought you had that sorted? Or have you changed your mind again?!

Umm ..... ermmm ...... I can change my mind can't I?

The truth is that I remodelled them and I STILL don't like them ......... what can I say? It's just me being over fussy I guess .... or maybe I'm just afraid of the big bad Mr SVA

DIY Si - 12/8/06 at 09:00 PM

Just sva it and then you can tinker all you like as his sharp edge guage will be behind you. Mine'd never pass at the mo.

RazMan - 12/8/06 at 10:38 PM

quote:
Originally posted by DIY Si
Just sva it and then you can tinker all you like as his sharp edge guage will be behind you. Mine'd never pass at the mo.

Trouble is that the vents are a fundamental part of the bodywork and I need to get them right (for both me and Mr SVA) before I get it painted.

scotty g - 13/8/06 at 06:44 AM

I have a GRP Naca duct in the workshop, if you like i can take a piccy on monday and bung it on here for you.

RazMan - 13/8/06 at 09:09 AM

That would be great Scotty - thanks muchly

Howlor - 14/8/06 at 09:20 AM

NACA Carbon ducts.

Howlor - 14/8/06 at 09:21 AM

Pics! Rescued attachment DSCF0001.JPG
Rescued attachment DSCF0001.JPG

Howlor - 14/8/06 at 09:23 AM

And another Rescued attachment DSCF0003.JPG
Rescued attachment DSCF0003.JPG

RazMan - 14/8/06 at 09:45 AM

Nice pics Howlor! :cool

I just need the measurements to see if they will fit.

DIY Si - 14/8/06 at 05:37 PM

If Razman doesn't want them, can I have second dibs on 'em?

RazMan - 14/8/06 at 06:20 PM

Wait for it , wait for it! Just need sizes

RazMan - 15/8/06 at 01:13 PM

............ any time now ...............

scotty g - 16/8/06 at 06:17 AM

The pics of the NACA duct i promised, sorry for the delay.
Dimensions are 270mm x 150mm.
Cheers.

[img]

and

[img]

RazMan - 16/8/06 at 07:08 AM

Thanks to both Howlor and Scotty

Unfortunately both types are not the right sizes for my particular project so I will have to carry on looking.

I have found another MCR distributor which is 'internet only' so I can't phone and check if they have any stock.

Thanks again guys

DIY Si - 16/8/06 at 05:22 PM

The CF ones would do me, but I may have other plans afoot now, so don't want to prevent sales elsewhere.