Board logo

ST Rear BodyPanel and Bootbox
mike-ktm - 29/8/05 at 02:26 PM

Hi, does anyone have any info / pics of the ST rear panel and bootbox (or any others that can be made to fit with a reasonable amount of work) arrangement ? I'm trying to sort out how best to re-do the back end of the locoblade I've bought, as it looks pretty untidy at the moment.

Finish isn't really an issue, as it'll all be painted up

Cheers,

Mike

rayward - 29/8/05 at 04:30 PM

stuart taylor rear panel, as with all my st bodywork a pain to fit though....

Ray

mike-ktm - 29/8/05 at 05:03 PM

Why was it so bad to fit Ray ? Looks good on yours, so you obviously cracked the problem ?

Anyone got a ST bootbox ? or any other bootbok for that matter !!

Any close up's of what you've done for that top cover Ray ?

Cheers,

Mike

rayward - 29/8/05 at 06:16 PM

To be honest the worst part was the bonnet, but the rear panel seemed to short top to bottom, it was just a case of trim and try over and over again.

The boot cover is made from wood, covered in vinyl, the two outside sections are screwed down and the middle bit hinges up, i'm going to make a bootbox to go under the hinged part, but my fuel filler is under there at the moment!.

i'll take a couple of pics for you tomorrow

Ray

mike-ktm - 29/8/05 at 06:17 PM

Thanks Ray that'd be good

Anyone else got any pics of what they've done ? Who's bits they've used ?

Cheers

Humbug - 29/8/05 at 07:01 PM

Info on covers:

http://www.locostbuilders.co.uk/viewthread.php?tid=27263

http://www.locostbuilders.co.uk/viewthread.php?tid=28410

mike-ktm - 29/8/05 at 07:14 PM

Thanks humbug, that one of mark's is a beauty !!!!

May try something like that. If anyone has any others, keep em coming guys.

Thanks,

Mike

Wadders - 29/8/05 at 09:29 PM

Dont waste your time with ST's rear panel, with a tiny amount of fettling, an Indy back panel fits straight on and is much better quality IMHO of course.

Humbug - 4/9/05 at 07:04 PM

Just put my boot cover on my ST... any thoughts on whether I should colour in the rivets with black permanent marker?

btw lock is tumbler lock from Maplins (a couple of quid) mounted in a cut down rubber grommet thingy from a Volvo side repeater!

[Edited on 04.09.2005 by Humbug] Rescued attachment 2005-09-04 1 Locost boot cover fitted.jpg
Rescued attachment 2005-09-04 1 Locost boot cover fitted.jpg

NS Dev - 5/9/05 at 10:42 AM

I had to do masses of fettling to get my ST rear wings to fit, and one is warped compared to the other (evidently removed from moulds too soon, as was the bonnet)

I think I am going to give up on the bonnet, it is shite.

MikeR - 5/9/05 at 11:18 AM

ahem, cough, cough, i've got somewhere you could store it until you sell it

really wish someone could produce low line bodywork (ie Caterham / Stuart Taylor) dimensions to a reasonable standard.

then again, i probably wouldn't pay the price asked!

[Edited on 5/9/05 by MikeR]