Board logo

Woo Hoo !!
zilspeed - 12/12/04 at 11:28 AM

Being a bit of a soft northern jessie ( aye right ) I like my locosting to be done behind a windscreen. Hey if you've got it - flaunt it :-)
I had previously enquired of Jill Judd about a soft top for the car - the screen is already fitted with the required poppers. £250 plus you have to take the car to Surrey and leave it there for a week. Thanks Jill, but too rich and cumbersome an arrangement for my tastes.

Anyway, as many of you know, I always keep an eye out for a bargain - it's your duty - and last week revealed what you see in the picture over on the westfield OC for sale section.
The keener eyed among will notice that the hood is the same colour as my bonnet which I have taken off for reference.

Best of all - With the front centre popper on and the hood stretched over the roll bar, it is a neat fit onto the rear bodywork
The rest can definitely be made to fit.
I am a very happy camper, and the posty even delivered it on a Sunday morning

Did I mention how much it cost ?
Sorry - forgot to say........................................

£20 inc. P&P

Oh and one last thing - I know this smug gloating is going a bit far here - the even more observant among you might have noticed the zipped in side screens as well

So...

For Sale - 2 x Lolocost sidescreen frames. Price from Lolocost 25 quid each plus delivery, so a tenner each gets them.

Oh sorry - nearly forgot the pic of the hood.

[Edited on 12/12/04 by zilspeed]

[Edited on 12/12/04 by zilspeed] Rescued attachment hood and bonnet.JPG
Rescued attachment hood and bonnet.JPG

zetec - 12/12/04 at 11:40 AM

Well done. I was thinking of just getting a s/h one and trying to get it to fit, bit of a must now. be sure to post some pics when fitted.

zilspeed - 12/12/04 at 11:48 AM

The hood is for a pre lit westfield and my car is essentially book. Even if it has to be altered / tweaked, it's still essentially 90% there right out of the box.
The roll bar is narrow bodied westfield as well. Better considered as a hood support than a roll bar if truth be told