Board logo

Windscreen Fitted
Daddylonglegs - 19/8/12 at 09:19 AM

My trim turned up yesterday, so windscreen fitted now. Just a bit of trim to fettle and fit then I can think about making some side wings to fit on the screen edges.

Buffeting is not too bad, and at 60mph it's still very easy to have a conversation. I've got all the bits for fitting wipers so that's the next task. I don't plan to use it in the rain so it's not a priority, but it'll be handy if I do get caught out .

Having a screen is certainly better than having to wear the crash helmet. I've always preferred that 'wind in the hair' thing, when I had more hair anyhow

Eventually going to fit a soft roof and doors too, I've got 2 sets of hard doors but not sure if I'm going to be able to get them to fit without too much hassle, but that serves me right for building a Locost that is 4" longer than the standard

JB

Description
Description

Description
Description

Description
Description

Description
Description

Description
Description

Description
Description

RK - 19/8/12 at 06:42 PM

That looks excellent!

daniel mason - 19/8/12 at 07:09 PM

i was at the classic show today and we goy cought up in the rain, my car has screen and full weather gear,and what a difference. never got a single drop of rain in, and not steamed up at all. its the firs ive had with a screen and what a difference. makes it so much more useable! enjoy.