Board logo

New Wheels, you like?
chris_harris_ - 14/3/11 at 08:24 PM

Got the car out today to swap the wheels over. Have a look at the pics below. I'm not sure i like my new choice?

before
before

after
after

Thinking about it - 14/3/11 at 08:39 PM

What is old and what is new?

Top pic for me.

McLannahan - 14/3/11 at 08:43 PM

First picture for me too....hope they're the new ones!

Danozeman - 14/3/11 at 08:43 PM

Top one for me. Needs lowering a touch also

pekwah1 - 14/3/11 at 08:43 PM

prefer the 2nd ones, but the big question is, where's the DISH!?!!??

omega0684 - 14/3/11 at 08:46 PM

look very smart chris, where are you in the west mids?

jimmyd - 14/3/11 at 08:48 PM

I like the top one best too but I think the bottom ones may be the new ones which is a tat unfortunate.

J

johny p - 14/3/11 at 08:58 PM

top ones for me also mate... nice car tho...

designer - 14/3/11 at 09:18 PM

Top for me too.

chris_harris_ - 14/3/11 at 09:20 PM

Bugger, i thought you might all say that. and yes the bottom ones are the new ones. The top ones are an old set which i can't use anyway as one is buckled and they are all scratched beyond repair. Will see how i feel about them in a few months but may do away one day. Always a tough choice wheels.

Omega i'm in Sutton Coldfield.

Oh and DISH?? am i being thick?

whitestu - 14/3/11 at 09:25 PM

quote:

Bugger, i thought you might all say that. and yes the bottom ones are the new ones.

Don't doubt yourself!! The bottom ones are much better!

Stu

pekwah1 - 14/3/11 at 09:26 PM

dish as in deep dish, it's what its all about
like so:

blakep82 - 14/3/11 at 09:30 PM

^ so wheres the DEEP dish then? they have a rim on them, but not what i'd call deep dish. if a swimming pool is deep, they are merely a puddle

chris_harris_ - 14/3/11 at 09:45 PM

Oh i get it now. I am not a fan to be honest, they always seem to be fitted to VW Polos that are scraping the floor round this way, and it just puts me off..

I'm sure tehy will grow on me?

Daddylonglegs - 14/3/11 at 09:51 PM

Second set get my vote

nick205 - 14/3/11 at 10:00 PM

New (lower pic) ones float my boat - you chose well

chris_harris_ - 14/3/11 at 10:12 PM

Thanks chaps, i don't feel so bad now.

Time to move on and concentrate on worrying about something else!!

mrwibble - 14/3/11 at 10:18 PM

quote:
Originally posted by chris_harris_
Bugger, i thought you might all say that. and yes the bottom ones are the new ones. The top ones are an old set which i can't use anyway as one is buckled and they are all scratched beyond repair. Will see how i feel about them in a few months but may do away one day. Always a tough choice wheels.

Omega i'm in Sutton Coldfield.

Oh and DISH?? am i being thick?

i prefer the bottom look ford st170ish

tomgregory2000 - 14/3/11 at 10:24 PM

Deeeeeeeeeeeeeep dish on my old car (i cant seem to make the pic any smaller SORRY)

Description
Description

James - 14/3/11 at 11:41 PM

Second ones!

:{THC}:YosamiteSam - 15/3/11 at 12:58 AM

thats deeep dish... we called it the washing machine drum.. water used to sit in it when driving and slosh about. really!

Davey D - 15/3/11 at 08:11 AM

Out of the 2 sets i think the 1st one looks the best. If you want multi spoke wheels like youve just bought, then the TD Pro race 1.2 look much nicer,as they have a bit more of a shape to them with a small lip on the outer edge like this:

Fred W B - 15/3/11 at 08:12 AM

I think you should consider making the wheels black. Would look good with the black accents on the car

Cheers

Fred W B

big_l - 15/3/11 at 08:34 AM

What chasis is it ? It looks very similar to mine roll hoop everything ????

chris_harris_ - 15/3/11 at 09:50 PM

I did have a look at the TD Pr Race 1.2 but couldn't quite stretch the budget, i do like them though.
Black is an option i supose although i think alloys should look silver, may change my mind when i see a few others at shows this year.

Chassis is an early MK Locost, i've been building for the best part of ten years, so to get to this points is something of an achievment!

big_l - 15/3/11 at 10:02 PM

Chris do you have any documentation that cam with your car as I bought my car and was told it was a Mk locost but they seem to think it's not but it's the spitting Image of yours did yours come with a axle and do you have any early pics of it looks like it's coming on nicely

skodaman - 15/3/11 at 10:09 PM

Second set for me but paint them gold.

chris_harris_ - 15/3/11 at 11:02 PM

I don't think i do have any docs for the chassis no, but it is very close to the original book locost chassis as well, so that may be why. Mine was originally for a live axle but is now a de dion setup. The man to ask would be Martin Keenan as he was the main person at MK when i bought mine.
I am not sure though whether it was his brother who did the welding on the chassis' that they made?
If i am at Newark this year you are more than welcome to come and have a good look though.
As for pics, i'll see what i can find, the early ones are prints i think.
Cheers

big_l - 18/3/11 at 07:50 AM

Yeah wicked you going to any other shows this year

big_l - 18/3/11 at 08:13 AM

Yeah wicked you going to any other shows this year