Board logo

Bonnet Bulge Pics
Surrey Dave - 30/6/04 at 10:02 PM

Bonnet Bulge Pics for David Jenkins..........

[Edited on 30/6/04 by Surrey Dave] Rescued attachment bulge 2 sml.JPG
Rescued attachment bulge 2 sml.JPG

Surrey Dave - 30/6/04 at 10:03 PM

Rescued attachment bulge 1 sml.JPG
Rescued attachment bulge 1 sml.JPG

David Jenkins - 1/7/04 at 07:15 AM

Thank you very much!

If anyone's wondering, this bulge is ex-Caterham, and now available from Redline Components (ex-Caterham people - easily found using Google).

cheers,

David

wicket - 1/7/04 at 10:27 AM

Here's the Redline link
http://www.redlinecomponents.co.uk/

David Jenkins - 1/7/04 at 10:41 AM

...and they'll have more bulges in next week.

David

David Jenkins - 9/7/04 at 08:11 AM

Got my bulge from Redline - it's a replica of an early Lotus bump, with a scoop/hole in the front. (They also do 'no hole' ones as modelled by Surrey Dave above, for the same price).

It's solidly made, glass well laid with no obvious voids, but not well-finished - it'll need some tarting up and smoothing before I will be able to paint it.

However it only cost me £15 + P&P + VAT, which is a hell of a lot cheaper than I've seen elsewhere... you get what you pay for, I guess!

I'll post some piccies when I start work on it.

rgds,

David

[Edited on 9/7/04 by David Jenkins]

stressy - 11/7/04 at 05:23 PM

Following the engine conversion i will have one of these buldges up for grabs, if anybodies interested let me know. It should be avaliable in the next few weeks

David Jenkins - 21/7/04 at 08:00 AM

Here's how the bulge turned out, after all those trials and tribulations... Rescued attachment car_2.jpg
Rescued attachment car_2.jpg

James - 21/7/04 at 03:51 PM

Looks good mate- like the way it 'matches' ie same grill pattern and colour etc.

Atb,

James

stephen_gusterson - 21/7/04 at 04:09 PM

got my bulge from kylie minogue.

atb steve

ps

sorry

drmike54 - 21/7/04 at 05:36 PM

Nice workmanship! Hope mine comes out that nice.

midlifecrisis - 25/7/04 at 08:22 PM

When using a bonnet bulge ,do you dispense with air cleaner ? The throat of my carb protrudes thro' my bonnet ,so even a bulge (oo er!) would struggle to cover it ,let alone covering an air cleaner !

Mark Allanson - 25/7/04 at 08:37 PM

Dave, that is a seriously nice car - I'm impressed (and jealous!)

David Jenkins - 26/7/04 at 07:17 AM

Now you've all got me blushing with these compliments!

Midlife - no, you still need the filter. When my bonnet's on, the top of the carb pokes through by around 15-20mm or so. I used one of those Piper mushroom-shaped filters on my DGAV carb, and there's around 10mm clearance.

Now all I've got to do is finish the car... in imminent danger of putting in my SVA application...

rgds,

David

dozracing - 29/7/04 at 10:34 AM

David,

What a suberb looking car you have created! I'm very, very impressed with what i can see in the pics.

Congratulations,

Darren

stephen_gusterson - 29/7/04 at 01:09 PM

so was I

and it looks nearly finished

ba&&tard!

atb

steve