Board logo

Finishing off all the fiddly bits
mick10 - 8/11/10 at 08:45 PM

Just thought id make my first post here, it might be in the wrong section but it seemed more appropriate to post in this section as i am finishing off the annoying little bits now prior to painting the bonnet and nose cone.

have been building this car for about 5 years on and off, though 3years of them were idle due to storage problems but i a mramping on with it now. I am seriously hoping to have it on the road for the following summer all going well so i can enjoy the fruits of my labour

I have based this on the original Ron Champion book using the live axle and powered by a nearly race spec x-flow engine so although it wont brake any records it should shift

Ives posted some pics of where I am up to with the build, I hope they are resized but will just have to wait for the outcome. all feedback on the car is welcome.

Cant seem to upload pictures yet but its probably my own incompetence i will try and post a picture soon

jacko - 8/11/10 at 08:54 PM

Welcome to the madhouse
There you go Your car look very nice
Jacko
Description
Description

Description
Description

Description
Description

[Edited on 8/11/10 by jacko]

Daddylonglegs - 8/11/10 at 08:58 PM

Welcome to the forum.

Looking good.

Been building my +442 for 5 years, almost there, and if I can get my paint job looking as good as yours I'll be well chuffed.

JB

Andybarbet - 8/11/10 at 08:58 PM

Love it

MikeCapon - 8/11/10 at 09:00 PM

Looooooove the paint job!

Any pics fully clothed?

Cheers,

Mike

whitestu - 8/11/10 at 09:16 PM

Very Austin Powers baby!

big_wasa - 8/11/10 at 09:31 PM

Same sort of boat, Just the trim to do on mine.

LBMEFM - 8/11/10 at 09:34 PM

Looks brill Mick and welcome to the Locost site

mick10 - 8/11/10 at 09:34 PM

Thanks for the comments and support, no pics as yet fully clothed but al get some loaded up ASAP it just takes so long to paint all the colours I have not seen the bonnet myself for ages lol, i made the bonnet form ally some years back but am not happy with the fit now so might make another - just need to motivate myself to do it