Board logo

My job for the day...
Humbug - 30/5/10 at 03:43 PM

Just completed. I was wondering what to do with the left over piece of TR7 tonneau that Andy Barbet gave me (the rest was used to finish off my half hood and to cover my new boot lid). So - light bulb - I made a new hood bag to replace the old one made from nylon sheeting material (ex Halford's car cover) which did the job but wasn't particularly great looking.

Inspiration from here (how much?!)

Caterham cost £72.85
Cost to me £0 (reused things I already had: material and velcro from Andy's tonneau; thread, etc.) and about 6 hours of my time because I had to check, measure, sew, remove, remeasure and redo a number of times

The 7s on the ends were done by scaling down a pic of a Caterham grill, printing onto paper, sewing through the paper onto the vinyl and tearing along the dotted line to remove the paper.

[Edited on 31.05.2010 by Humbug] Rescued attachment 2010-05-30 Hood bag.JPG
Rescued attachment 2010-05-30 Hood bag.JPG

stevegough - 30/5/10 at 03:53 PM

Looks good, 'Umbug! And, it could alternatively be used for Fozzie to put her telescope in?

http://www.locostbuilders.co.uk/forum/8/viewthread.php?tid=136570

MakeEverything - 30/5/10 at 05:00 PM

quote:
Originally posted by stevegough
Looks good, 'Umbug! And, it could alternatively be used for Fozzie to put her telescope in?

http://www.locostbuilders.co.uk/forum/8/viewthread.php?tid=136570

"Telescope"??

YQUSTA - 30/5/10 at 08:39 PM

Nice work looks

I personally would either hang it under the belt straps or the other side of the roll bar though.

Humbug - 30/5/10 at 09:54 PM

Thanks... I know what you mean and I considered the other side of the roll bar, but it gets in the way of the boot lid too much. Under the harness straps would make the straps go almost vertical from the bolt and/or squash down the hood bag. The way it is at the moment, the hood bag only pushes down on the straps very slightly (the bolts are about midway between the front edge of the rollbar and the bulkhead.

I guess I'll find out how much effect it has when I take it out for a drive tomorrow. If it doesn't work well, I'll put it the other side of the rollbar probably.

Cheers

Simon

[Edited on 31.05.2010 by Humbug]