Board logo

Rear tub to side panel
dunk3 - 30/3/10 at 11:25 AM

Hi all, the joint on the rear tub to the side panel, what have you all used to cover the joint up with, needs to be IVA freindly, picture below. Rescued attachment rear tub to side panel.jpg
Rescued attachment rear tub to side panel.jpg

Guinness - 30/3/10 at 11:52 AM

Have a look at Hellfire's car. They made a lovely ally cover, round to square in profile. It's the neatest solution to the MK panel join I've seen.

Danozeman - 30/3/10 at 02:01 PM

Id go with helfires idea too. Polish it up and itl look a treat.

blakep82 - 30/3/10 at 04:06 PM

eh? have MK really left it like that?

dunk3 - 30/3/10 at 04:28 PM

yes thats how it ends up on the old panels, looks crap dont it. I think they have made some new panels now to meet the IVA 2.5mm radius.

speedyxjs - 30/3/10 at 05:40 PM

If that is a fail, wouldnt your ali strip in the pic also fail?

dunk3 - 30/3/10 at 07:19 PM

No, i dont think he will be able to get to it with his ball thing because of the rollcage, (hopefully)

DavidW - 30/3/10 at 07:31 PM

I got a new back panel to fix this problem but they don't the original Indy chassis and looks even worse with a half inch gap all the way across and down the side.

Last thing I'll ever buy from MK.

After filling the gap (you wouldn't need to do this bit) I carefully sanded the joint flat and then stuck a strip of vinyl over it.

Daddylonglegs - 30/3/10 at 08:07 PM

Sorry for the slight hijack, but I was going to post regarding this area on my +442. As the bolts for my rear shocks go in from the outside, I haven't covered this part yet, thought of putting a plate over it and fitting a large rubber plug. Any ideas?

speedyxjs - 30/3/10 at 08:19 PM

quote:
Originally posted by dunk3
No, i dont think he will be able to get to it with his ball thing because of the rollcage, (hopefully)

Ah, thats ok then