Board logo

Mounting CBR mirrors?
David Jenkins - 10/3/10 at 12:56 PM

OK - now I've looked at my new CBR mirrors - which way should the base be mounted?

Flak Monkey's got his set up so the arm can swivel vertically up and down. As the mirror itself can only swivel through a limited range I would have thought it better to have the mirror set up to swivel horizontally.

So the question is - could car owners with CBR mirrors fitted let me know which way they've done it?

Pictures would be a bonus...

Thanks in advance.

nick205 - 10/3/10 at 02:19 PM

Photo of mine here...

Mounted on the outer edge of the scuttle so the pivot almost diagonally. As you say there is a limited range of movement and it took a while to figure out the best location for them. It helped to have the car parked outside and then get a helper to hold them roughly in place while you sit in the car and check the view. One tip, the passenger side mirro ended up mounted at a slightly different angle to get the best view.

pewe - 10/3/10 at 02:24 PM

Mine are arranged so the Left side has the front hole 30mm horizontally from the scuttle front edge x 195mm up from bottom of scuttle where it joins the body side. Rear hole is 210mm up from scuttle/ body join.
Right side similar though you might want to adjust this when sat in the car for optimum vision. Maybe could have been a bit lower but I mounted it before the rear wings were fitted.
See my pics.
Cheers, Pewe

[Edited on 10/3/10 by pewe]

David Jenkins - 10/3/10 at 03:54 PM

Hmm - yours are both different mirrors to mine & Flak's...

Hard to see them in this one of his car, but you can see the swivel joint at the base:

[img][/img]

nick205 - 16/3/10 at 09:08 PM

David,

Mine have the same style hinge at the base, just covered by the rubber sleave.

Have you got yours fitted yet?

David Jenkins - 16/3/10 at 10:26 PM

No - fitting is imminent! (this coming weekend, hopefully)

tul214 - 16/3/10 at 10:36 PM

Any good?

mirror2
mirror2

I turned the base of mine upside down to get the correct angle. The only downside is that the bolt head is at the bottom.

Mark