Board logo

Chipped fibreglass
eznfrank - 21/2/10 at 06:14 PM

On a scale of 1 to a million, how p1ssed off do you think I am that I've cracked my fibreglass on the sill!!

I stupidly stood on what looks to have been a thin bit of fibreglass and cracked a chunk off on the corner. Will this be a bitch to repair? It will be under the ali sill anyway but I'm still cheesed off!

Steve Hignett - 21/2/10 at 06:22 PM

Do you have a photo of the damage?

I may be able to help re the repair, but also in the cover-up! :-D

cd.thomson - 21/2/10 at 06:23 PM

about as pished off as me when I unwrapped my bonnet today and theres a 2p sized chip in the gelcoat on one edge

mangogrooveworkshop - 21/2/10 at 06:27 PM

Dont fall in love with body work that has no flaws.....once on the road it gets really bad with chips and dings
the caterham sitting over my shoulder looks like it drove through a muddy field... and that was just a weeks use

blakep82 - 21/2/10 at 06:47 PM

i'm starting with only 1 panel witch is not 2nd hand. some of which were completely broken in half at some point, or crashed into so bad, some of the chassis brackets were still bolted to the panel

MakeEverything - 21/2/10 at 07:39 PM

Dont worry about it, It adds character and shows that its a practical used car rather than a trailer showpiece.

welderman - 22/2/10 at 10:02 AM

if i showed you what ive done to my car over the last few days you would cry, but will be sorted, infact i will go take a picture

welderman - 22/2/10 at 10:15 AM

Rescued attachment gelcoat grinding.jpg
Rescued attachment gelcoat grinding.jpg

Steve Hignett - 22/2/10 at 10:30 AM

Let the above photo be a lesson to you all kiddie-winkles...

Oulton Park Armco is stronger than fibreglass, and never (EVER) go out for that "one last lap"...

omega0684 - 24/2/10 at 07:07 PM

quote:
Originally posted by cd.thomson
about as pished off as me when I unwrapped my bonnet today and theres a 2p sized chip in the gelcoat on one edge

send that back mate!