Board logo

bonnet too big
spiderman01980 - 10/2/10 at 04:16 PM

I`ve had a bonnet and scuttle made and the bonnet was made wider and taller then the scuttle(don`t ask)!
Has anyone out there got a bonnet thats small for there car and wants to swap for my one!!

blakep82 - 10/2/10 at 04:20 PM

not for me, but measurements might help other people

James - 10/2/10 at 04:20 PM

Is you bonnet ali or GRP?

If ali you should be able to bend it to fit and then trim off the excess.

If not, good luck! lol!

Cheers,
James

Hmmm, thinking about it. If you went for a bonnet like Fozzie's (hinged in the middle) then you could just trim your one to fit. Cut out the middle where it's too wide (each edge will fit to the hinge) and then just trim off the excess where it overhangs the sides of the car.

Hope that helps!
James

spiderman01980 - 10/2/10 at 04:24 PM

I thought about triming it but dont want to mess it up its made in GRP and ill go and mesure it up and put a pic up!

James - 10/2/10 at 04:27 PM

Fozzie's work of art.

Bonnet up
Bonnet up

BTW, do you remember that cartoon called M.A.S.K? When she pulls the right levers, Fozzie can make her car fly too!

[Edited on 10/2/10 by James]

James - 10/2/10 at 04:30 PM

eddie99 - 10/2/10 at 04:51 PM

Wow thats cool Fozzie, somehow i've managed to miss that everywhere else. Thats very inspiring to say the least...

spiderman01980 - 10/2/10 at 05:04 PM

the size is 39.5inch long 41.5inch scuttle end 30inch nose cone end 11inch tall S/E and 8.5inch NC/E and its in black primer

[Edited on 10-2-10 by spiderman01980]

Fozzie - 10/2/10 at 05:14 PM

Awww thanks James...

Hinged bonnet not quite that simples...(chk)

Mine is ali, and you have to do a 'return' to enable the fixing of the hinge....you also have to 'fashion' the ends to enable the fixings of the bonnet hinge 'ends' to sit in the nose and scuttle securely.. , and the whole thing to sit flush and streamlined....

M.A.S.K.....LOL yes, with the depth of the pot holes around here, the safest bet is to make use of those flying levers !
Description
Description

Fozzie

@ eddie ...no worries... it has only been like that for the last 6 years....

edit:- to adjust photo size

[Edited on 10-2-10 by Fozzie]

ashg - 10/2/10 at 08:23 PM

fozzie every time i look at your car i think to myself. that guy must have arms like superman or a really good electric polisher

im looking at my car now thinking the side panels could do with a bloody good polish but then i think nope i will do it another day. (another day never seems to come )

Fozzie - 10/2/10 at 08:40 PM

quote:
Originally posted by ashg
fozzie every time i look at your car i think to myself. that guy must have arms like superman or a really good electric polisher

im looking at my car now thinking the side panels could do with a bloody good polish but then i think nope i will do it another day. (another day never seems to come )

Ash .... I am not Superman (woman) nor would I ever use an electric polisher ....

Fozzie

iank - 10/2/10 at 09:01 PM

quote:
Originally posted by ashg

*cough* gal *cough*

RK - 10/2/10 at 10:23 PM

I could use that bonnet, even though I've made one out of ally. My engine area is very long which is why I made one, but I do have a 34" long MK bonnet to trade if you like. You get yours to Canada, and I'll get mine to the UK...

Honestly, just make one yourself from ally. It won't be expensive and you can sell this one.

And Foz:

Keep the pics down in number please. It gets a bit tough on the oldsters like me looking at such fine work. I mean look at the bloody floor! Spotless!

Chippy - 10/2/10 at 11:15 PM

quote:

that guy must have arms like superman

Hmmm! wrong gender mate! Ray

Blast must type faster,

[Edited on 10-2-10 by Chippy]

Fozzie - 10/2/10 at 11:21 PM

quote:
Originally posted by RK
............And Foz:

Keep the pics down in number please. It gets a bit tough on the oldsters like me looking at such fine work. I mean look at the bloody floor! Spotless!

It was James' fault...he put the first pic up.....honest...
I only put the 1 pic up to illustrate the return on the hinge side, and the location into the nose.... sorry

Methinks that I am not as young as you think .....and you call that floor spotless?!?
Noooooo, needs a good clean....

RK - 10/2/10 at 11:45 PM

I never ask a woman her age. I'm not stupid!

Fozzie - 11/2/10 at 12:00 AM

quote:
Originally posted by RK
I never ask a woman her age......

Thank you kindly!

Fozzie

Vindi_andy - 11/2/10 at 04:05 PM

I was thinking im sure fozzie is female when I read the Superman comment