Board logo

caterham windscreen
matty h - 3/2/10 at 04:31 PM

Will a caterham windscreen assembly fit a MK Indy

whitestu - 3/2/10 at 04:46 PM

I've got one on mine:

Description
Description

There are a couple more pics in my photo archive.

Stu

iscmatt - 3/2/10 at 04:56 PM

Stu,

do you know if the glass will fit in an MK made surround? Quite fancy a heated screen over demisters but i think i would be incredibly lucky if it did!!!

Bluemoon - 3/2/10 at 04:57 PM

quote:
Originally posted by iscmatt
Stu,

do you know if the glass will fit in an MK made surround? Quite fancy a heated screen over demisters but i think i would be incredibly lucky if it did!!!

I doubt it! You'd be better fitting the whole screen (and that will not fit perfect, and also not work with MK's weather gear).

Dan

Marcus - 3/2/10 at 04:59 PM

I got one too, but mounted on top of the top of the bulge as it gave more room for the wiper mechanism

Marcus - 3/2/10 at 04:59 PM

I got one too, but mounted on top of the bulge as it gave more room for the wiper mechanism

whitestu - 3/2/10 at 05:04 PM

quote:

Stu, do you know if the glass will fit in an MK made surround? Quite fancy a heated screen over demisters but i think i would be incredibly lucky if it did!!!

I don't know but wouldn't think so. The glass in mine was cut at a local place and isn't heated.

quote:

I got one too, but mounted on top of the bulge as it gave more room for the wiper mechanism

That's a good suggestion!
I thought of doing that, but only after I had fitted it and cut all the holes!

Stu

iscmatt - 3/2/10 at 05:19 PM

yeah, i didn't think it would but you never know!! I think i'll just get me-self a demister come MOT time

whitestu - 3/2/10 at 05:26 PM

If it's just for the MOT don't bother as it isn't tested.

Mine went though fine.

Stu

matty h - 3/2/10 at 05:59 PM

If you have a full screen what do you need for a MOT, do you need a demister and wipers.

mangogrooveworkshop - 3/2/10 at 07:17 PM

quote:
Originally posted by iscmatt
Stu,

Two totally different shapes.....guaranteed

whitestu - 3/2/10 at 09:02 PM

quote:

If you have a full screen what do you need for a MOT, do you need a demister and wipers.

Wipers [that auto park] and washers are all you need.

Stu

iscmatt - 3/2/10 at 10:57 PM

quote:
Originally posted by whitestu
If it's just for the MOT don't bother as it isn't tested.

Mine went though fine.

Stu

I did wonder whetherto chance it without, i'm sure someone on here said that it is a requirement for MOT. Have to try with out i think as it would be a bit of nightmare trying to fit them under the scuttle!