Board logo

Rear Reflectors
Avoneer - 30/1/04 at 10:34 PM

Hi,
Can anyone confirm if the reflectors have to be vertical as I am struggling to find it in the SVA notes.
Cheers,
Pat...

Viper - 30/1/04 at 10:57 PM

Hiya Pat,
I can't see it either but looking at the relevant angles you can't be far off 90 degrees to the ground..
tim.

Peteff - 30/1/04 at 11:01 PM

As they are built in to a lot of rear light clusters they will be at the same angle as the lamps. Mine were fitted at SVA by the tester and he just double sided them to the wing under the light cluster so he could pass it. I posted them some replacements when I got home.

yours, Pete.

Avoneer - 30/1/04 at 11:34 PM

I have two "pods" on each wheel arch.
Outer "pod" is indicator/fog on drivers side and indicator/reverse on passenger side.
Inner "pod" is brake/tail/reflector.
Do I go for an additional "fall off acidentaly after SVA" vertical reflector, or shall I not bother?
Cheers,
Pat... Rescued attachment 1.jpg
Rescued attachment 1.jpg

Avoneer - 30/1/04 at 11:35 PM

And before anyone asks, I am adding an additional "accidentally fall off after SVA" vertical fog lamp and disconnecting the one in the "pod" on the driver side.
Pat... Rescued attachment 2.jpg
Rescued attachment 2.jpg

TPG - 31/1/04 at 12:56 AM

I managed to get through sva with self adhesive reflectors on the rear flat panel(where the spare wheel goes)They are at the very edgeof the flat before it starts to curve,and obviously aren't vertical.I'm making sure they don't fall off,Its just another fixed penlty notice and an arse at mot time.By the way the edge of the reflector was justwith in the needed measurment.400mm I think

[Edited on 31/1/04 by TPG]

Viper - 31/1/04 at 01:40 PM

Pat.
I believe that if you have a lamp fitted it has to work, at least it does at MOT time so just disconecting your fog will get you a fail...
Tim...

Avoneer - 31/1/04 at 02:23 PM

Hi Tim,
I can leave the fog connected for MOT as they wont know the SVA regulations. Then stick a small square one on a bracket for SVA.
Pat...