Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: ok now i really have seen it all
novacaine

posted on 18/8/08 at 06:35 PM Reply With Quote
ok now i really have seen it all

a crank pulley that gives you 8bhp !

eBay link

thats up there with those things you fit to the intake that increase power, the magnets that decrease fuel consumption and the variable resistors that increase power

really does make me laugh what people decide to market

And you run and you run to catch up with the sun but its sinking, Racing around to come up behind you again, the sun is the same in a relative way but your older, shorter of breath and one day closer to death

smart51

posted on 18/8/08 at 06:50 PM Reply With Quote
Some people will believe anything they're told. Of course it won't give any more steady state horsepower but it will reduce the rotational inertia slightly. But then engines have rotational inertia built into them. They're called flywheels.
Liam

posted on 18/8/08 at 08:02 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by smart51
Some people will believe anything they're told. Of course it won't give any more steady state horsepower but it will reduce the rotational inertia slightly. But then engines have rotational inertia built into them. They're called flywheels.

Quite right - and reducing the mass of rotating components can have a significant effect on the power available to the wheels, most of all in first gear and the effect decreases through the gears. So this isn't quite as snake-oil as you might think . However, even without doing the calcs I find an 8bhp equivalent from a lighter crank pulley highly unlikely indeed

Liam

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
clairetoo

posted on 18/8/08 at 09:07 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Liam
quote:
Originally posted by smart51

Quite right - and reducing the mass of rotating components can have a significant effect on the power available to the wheels, most of all in first gear and the effect decreases through the gears. So this isn't quite as snake-oil as you might think . However, even without doing the calcs I find an 8bhp equivalent from a lighter crank pulley highly unlikely indeed

Liam

It is allso an `under-drive` pulley , a bit smaller than standard , so there will be a slight gain from not spinning the water pump /alternator etc as fast - but even so I have to agree that 8bhp is maybe a bit optimistic .

Its cuz I is blond , innit

Claire xx

Will weld for food......

Liam

posted on 18/8/08 at 09:19 PM Reply With Quote
Oh yeah didn't even notice that part in the ad - wow!! Shame they probably dont make one for my engine . I'll see how i get on turning mine down on the lathe, and while I'm at it I'll drill the belts and take half the ball bearings out of the idlers and tensioners . Pow-ahhhhhhh!!

Liam

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.