Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: 13 months for killing someone
JoelP

posted on 21/6/08 at 06:29 PM Reply With Quote
13 months for killing someone

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/kent/7466812.stm

crazy world eh? Devastated for the family, what a kick in the teeth.

I cant understand how you can get 4 years for manslaughter in the first place, or even how it counted as manslaughter since he kicked him to death. But then to serve a quarter of the sentance?

Whoever is responsible for the state of law and order in britain should be tried for treason.

Mr Whippy

posted on 23/6/08 at 11:07 AM Reply With Quote

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
b16mts

posted on 23/6/08 at 06:28 PM Reply With Quote
it was only last week a 19 year old was locked up because his dad found a gun in his room. minimum sentefor that is 5 years, just for having a gun, but the judge was "very lenient" and let him off with 2 years I think.

if he'd kicked someone to death instead, it seems he'd be out sooner.

mart

who says you can't drive a kit car when you're 6'5"?

JUD

posted on 23/6/08 at 07:59 PM Reply With Quote
I can feel my blood pressure rising

How can kicking somebody to death be manslaughter? I doubt it was a single blow that led the guy thinking "Oh sh1t what have I done?". If there were multiple blows then surely this isn't manslaughter? "Sorry judge, I kicked him 15-20 times - didn't mean anything serious - honest..."

I don't know...

---------------------
MK Indy Blade

RK

posted on 24/6/08 at 03:45 AM Reply With Quote
On the other hand, nobody wants to pay the tens of thousands it costs to incarcerate some twerp either. So it's a tough one, that's for sure.
liam.mccaffrey

posted on 24/6/08 at 04:08 AM Reply With Quote
I agree with RK why should it cost anything to incarcerate someone They should earn their keep working difficult jobs.

bring in chain gangs. someone give me a reason why what we have now is better

scum bastards

[Edited on 24/6/08 by liam.mccaffrey]

Build Blog
Build Photo Album

Mr Whippy

posted on 24/6/08 at 09:31 AM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by liam.mccaffrey
I agree with RK why should it cost anything to incarcerate someone They should earn their keep working difficult jobs.

bring in chain gangs. someone give me a reason why what we have now is better

scum bastards

[Edited on 24/6/08 by liam.mccaffrey]

One thing that really gets on my nerves is the fact the prisoners sit around 95% if not more of the day doing feck all. We pay for them at great expense to do this, while they give not a thing back to society. If you look around this country all you see is dereliction, railways in disrepair, roads in a state and counsels complaining they don’t have the money to get things done. Get these lazy freeloader sods out there and working in chain gangs, with GPS tags and a shovel. Total disgrace that they are not used, no doubt due to the interfering do gooding human rights halfwits, prison is punishment and hard labour is that punishment. Not only would that be an election winner for the party that has the balls to implement it, we might also get this country out the mess it in.

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
focijohn

posted on 24/6/08 at 10:16 AM Reply With Quote
Just shoot them and burn them simple, the chances of it is that when they are locked up they have a better life than when they're out hardly "prison like".

A bit like the rich daddys boy i heard of, took his fathers range rover out uninsured, DUI and i think without a license. But because his dad basically paid off everyone concerned and had the best lawyer i dont think anything more came about it, slapped wrist.
Does a slapped wrist bring back the child he knocked down doing 70 in a 30????

Like i said only heard of this.

[Edited on 24/6/08 by focijohn]

Anyone going slower than you is an idiot. Anyone going faster than you is a maniac.
Too many targets but too few bullets.

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.