Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: well thats another
grub

posted on 15/6/08 at 03:26 PM Reply With Quote
well thats another

well there we go again the ipod was working fine untill it wanted charging plug it into the travel charger for half an hour turned it back on and its sha99ed its self them at the shop say it wont be the charger but come on three in three weeks,they say its the sound processor.
donut

posted on 15/6/08 at 03:41 PM Reply With Quote
get a walkman, chuck the ipod in the bin!

Andy

When I die, I want to go peacefully like my Grandfather did, in his sleep -- not screaming, like the passengers in his car.
http://www.flickr.com/photos/andywest1/

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
flak monkey

posted on 15/6/08 at 03:45 PM Reply With Quote
Get a Sony MP3 walkman. Had my 20Gb hdd one for ages, used every day for 3 years, kicks the ipods arse...

Sera

http://www.motosera.com

focijohn

posted on 15/6/08 at 06:37 PM Reply With Quote
i thought they have been re-named ishite? Bro has a creative zen and i havnt heard a bad thing about it and hes had it about 2years.

Anyone going slower than you is an idiot. Anyone going faster than you is a maniac.
Too many targets but too few bullets.

David Jenkins

posted on 15/6/08 at 07:20 PM Reply With Quote
I have a Sony Walkman MP3 player too - a NWZ-A818 8GB - does what it's meant to do, day in and day out.

Upside: Good sound, easy to use, very small package. Content can be added and removed directly - it behaves like a memory stick - so no special software essential (very useful if your main PC is a linux box).

Downside: No direct power supply - has to charge from a USB port. Haven't worked out how to convert video files to the correct format MP4 files to run on it. You will require Windoze Media Player if you want to see pretty album covers and info (I'm not fussed myself). Screen is allegedly a bit easy to scratch, but mine's in a tough plastic cover so I'm not worried about that

donut

posted on 15/6/08 at 07:56 PM Reply With Quote
You can buy a plug that goes in the wall and the USB connects to that...easy charge in any room!

i find that the walkman wins hands down on everything except actual volume. Still loud but the ipod can blow your head off! I only use my walkman a half volume so no probs.

And as said, easy peasy file transfer!

Andy

When I die, I want to go peacefully like my Grandfather did, in his sleep -- not screaming, like the passengers in his car.
http://www.flickr.com/photos/andywest1/

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.