Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: looking for a scary practical joke.
scotty g

posted on 20/2/08 at 07:55 PM Reply With Quote
looking for a scary practical joke.

Hi all, i'm looking for a scary practical joke to play on my eldest daughter.
The other day she tried to scare me by tying a thin cotton line to the lamp shade and tugging it so that it looks like it moved on its own, needless to say i wasn't convinced but i have vowed to get her back so any good gags appreciated.
Cheers.

iank

posted on 20/2/08 at 08:03 PM Reply With Quote
Try the Penn and Teller removable thumb gag
http://www.viscotland.org.uk/textimages/viskids/junior/to%20do/magic_tricks.htm

For extra points you can get her to hold the 'thumb' and then cut it off with a pair of big scissors - be careful if you do it hurts if you cut off the real one

p.s. it works much better if you leave the carrot in the fridge for a week or so, it gets just the right flesh firmness for realism.

[Edited on 20/2/08 by iank]

--
Never argue with an idiot. They drag you down to their level, then beat you with experience.
Anonymous

DarrenW

posted on 21/2/08 at 10:28 AM Reply With Quote
How old is She? Just wondering what level of trauma would be appropriate.

David Jenkins

posted on 21/2/08 at 11:27 AM Reply With Quote
One thing you could try - only mild trauma expected!

Make or buy something that looks like a mouse - doesn't have to be too authentic, as long as it's furry, the right size and the right colour.

Tie the finest thread that you can find, preferably of a colour that won't be seen on the carpet.

Now wait until she's been watching the telly for quite a while, nice and relaxed, and preferably in a dimly lit room... then gently drag the mouse across the floor. Ideally you should mimic mouse behaviour, i.e. drag it along the skirting board, behind furniture, and so on. Also stop, start, etc.

DarrenW

posted on 21/2/08 at 12:16 PM Reply With Quote
Or chuck a real one in there

Does she have a hamster? Do you have a family cat? One night move it to a safe place and then squirt tomato sauce where it normally sleeps and leave door open.

Mr Whippy

posted on 21/2/08 at 01:45 PM Reply With Quote
Probably not usable, but when I first got my hands on a laser pointer I ran outside and shone it through my bothers window slowly lowering it to his head. Then watched him dive for the floor must have enemies...

What a nice brother I was

[Edited on 21/2/08 by Mr Whippy]

Fame is when your old car is plastered all over the internet

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
graememk

posted on 21/2/08 at 01:51 PM Reply With Quote
i use a laser pointer to exercise the dog at night, for 3 years every night hes ran after it.

Mr Whippy

posted on 21/2/08 at 02:27 PM Reply With Quote
Yip I do that also its great fun, though the older dog seems to understand now where the dot comes from as she just ignores it. But the other dog is far too stupid to work it out

If you shine it at seagulls at night they panic and act as though they have been shot

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
David Jenkins

posted on 21/2/08 at 02:36 PM Reply With Quote
Very useful if your neighbour's cat digs up your plants at night - scares the hell out of them!

violentblue

posted on 21/2/08 at 06:04 PM Reply With Quote
if you got a cat, hide catnip in her shoes

a few pics of my other projects

mistergrumpy

posted on 21/2/08 at 07:32 PM Reply With Quote
What about putting a balaclava on one night when she's gone to bed then putting a ladder against her bedroom window one night then gently knocking on the window and wait till she comes to the glass. If you no ladders just stand in the yard with a long stick knocking. She'll be so psyched up she'll not think its you. It poo me up when my dad did it to me as a kid

David Jenkins

posted on 22/2/08 at 09:01 AM Reply With Quote
Just how much mental trauma are you trying to induce!

Macbeast

posted on 22/2/08 at 09:15 AM Reply With Quote
Put clocks forward an hour. (on a schoolday)
David Jenkins

posted on 22/2/08 at 09:20 AM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Macbeast
Put clocks forward an hour. (on a schoolday)

Although not scary, that could be VERY amusing - a good joke that everyone can laugh at (eventually... )

DarrenW

posted on 22/2/08 at 11:24 AM Reply With Quote
I scared my 2 last night. They were in bath when i gat home (they are almost 3 and 6 so wife was in the room too). I crept upstairs and went into roon next door. Started taping and scraping at the walls to make it sound like there was a mouse etc in loft or in walls. I heard the kids saying it might be a monster (i think the 6 year old sussed it was me). I then crept to bathroom door and opened it very quickly - poor lttle one nearly jumped out of her skin - im pleased i didnt shout as i did it

Mr Whippy

posted on 22/2/08 at 12:14 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by mistergrumpy
What about putting a balaclava on one night when she's gone to bed then putting a ladder against her bedroom window one night then gently knocking on the window and wait till she comes to the glass. If you no ladders just stand in the yard with a long stick knocking. She'll be so psyched up she'll not think its you. It poo me up when my dad did it to me as a kid

It’s whilst standing on the ladder looking menacing, the kids TV comes sailing through the window aimed at your head, it occurs to you that the joke might have backfired

mistergrumpy

posted on 22/2/08 at 12:22 PM Reply With Quote
Tis true but generally they just scram and run. When I say they I mean me
What about then knocking up summat, be it fishing wire or a simple actuator and opening and shutting her drawers or wardrobe door in the night. That'll scare the hell out of her.
Or what about this what my mate did. Not scary but embarassing. He stitched a pair of his dads undercrackers to the back of his mams coat and let her go off to work

Mr Whippy

posted on 22/2/08 at 01:18 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by mistergrumpy
Tis true but generally they just scram and run. When I say they I mean me

Oh a slip of the tongue there! Are you trying to tell us something, an admission of guilt? is this another hobby of yours the neighborhood fiend!? Do tell

mistergrumpy

posted on 22/2/08 at 07:00 PM Reply With Quote
Ah no. I was on the receiving end when I was younger. It was another one of my dads reet funny tricks Including dragging a carrot out of the fish tank and pretending to eat one of my fish, hanging me off a bridge in Manchester and threatening to drop me and telling me how cold it would be (did this one a few times) and chasing me round the house with dead fish and cornering me then showing me its teeth and thratening me with them before cooking them and eating their eyes in front of me (still does this!) He's a laugh a minute!

Mr Whippy

posted on 22/2/08 at 07:37 PM Reply With Quote
Hmm makes even my dad sound good who's well known for his unbelievable temper (he was even kicked out the army for punching an officer! , oh and wacked me for taking a car out without an MOT which I thought was a bit OTT)

fortunately that gene skipped me...

you can choose your friends but not your family

robertst

posted on 23/2/08 at 06:24 AM Reply With Quote
hahaha just dont do this to your kid... too cruel.. the poor kid is probably traumatized for life!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B77zqmKWX8s

Tom

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.