Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: New Baggage Limits - Take Note
Rek

posted on 27/9/07 at 08:21 AM Reply With Quote
New Baggage Limits - Take Note

Just got back from a trip and noticed a sticker on my bag advising me that from 1st October the wieght limit is to be strictly enforced at 23KG's due to H&S rules...
scoobyis2cool

posted on 27/9/07 at 09:04 AM Reply With Quote
I don't get it.

It's not that I'm lazy, it's that I just don't care...

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
jos

posted on 27/9/07 at 09:17 AM Reply With Quote
Bags that are heavier than 23kg weigh too much for the fat lazy baggage handlers at the air ports to lift over their beer bellys so because the wheeze too much the airlines have decided to penalise their paying customers rather than tell their asthmatic smoking tubs of lard to get fitter so that they can actually do the job they're paid to do

.: Motorsport / motor racing circuit / track wall art Apex Traxs :.

DarrenW

posted on 27/9/07 at 09:31 AM Reply With Quote
TBH im surprised they have set the limit that high. If you study the manual handling limits in force in factories then (iirc) you can only lift 15Kg close to the torso at a certain height and this falls dramatically if the weight is lower than waste height, higher than shoulders or out in front of the torso (Mr Ison will know it better than me).

I always thought the baggage handlers used conveyors etc and did very little lifting until i saw a small Fokker getting loaded up last weekend. They were all hand balled from the floor and into a funny angled 'boot' opening. Im not surprised they are imposing a stricter limit (of course its also an excuse for airlines etc to get some more cash out of us if we need to take an extra bag).

Think of it this way - locost airlines have a strict turn around time. 150 passengers with 20Kg each = 3000 kg to offload and another 3000Kg to put back in within 20minutes. Not a job id cherish.

[Edited on 27/9/07 by DarrenW]

DarrenW

posted on 27/9/07 at 09:37 AM Reply With Quote
he he - seeing as we are in a world of mad rules, why dont the airlines impose a new rule that if the handlers find a bag over 23Kg, they are allowed to open said bag and dump some of the contents into a carrier to split the load?????? That would soon stop people trying to get away with a bit extra

scoobyis2cool

posted on 27/9/07 at 10:26 AM Reply With Quote
Oh right, this is a genuine fact, I thought it was a joke that I just wasn't understanding.... durrrr

Pete

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
Fred W B

posted on 27/9/07 at 11:11 AM Reply With Quote
Veering off topic a bit...

Don't get me started on baggage limits. I weigh 75/76 kilos. Why must I have the same baggage limit as the lard ass 105+ kg guy in the seat next to me? Airfreight costs work on cost per kilo so the fattys fly at a much cheaper rate than thin people.

Cheers

Fred W B

You can do it quickly. You can do it cheap. You can do it right. – Pick any two.

omega 24 v6

posted on 27/9/07 at 11:28 AM Reply With Quote
quote:

Bags that are heavier than 23kg weigh too much for the fat lazy baggage handlers at the air ports to lift over their beer bellys so because the wheeze too much the airlines have decided to penalise their paying customers rather than tell their asthmatic smoking tubs of lard to get fitter so that they can actually do the job they're paid to do

Sorry but why mince your words say what you really mean please PMSL

If it looks wrong it probably is wrong.

TGR-ECOSSE

posted on 27/9/07 at 12:20 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by jos

What job do you do? My mates a baggage handler and i will show him this and see if he has an opinon on your work!!

02GF74

posted on 27/9/07 at 01:37 PM Reply With Quote
baggage handlers?

more like baggage jugglers or baggage magicians specailasing in vanishing act.

JoelP

posted on 27/9/07 at 02:31 PM Reply With Quote
im packing bags now! You're allowed 2 bags with continental, 23kgs each. Was pissed off when i saw the monkey throwing it about on the way here though...
geoff shep

posted on 27/9/07 at 03:29 PM Reply With Quote
Try this Youtube - or search for 'Ryanair' and 'baggage'
jos

posted on 1/10/07 at 06:17 PM Reply With Quote
sorry about that to anyone who read it. it was sarcastic & rude and wholly unnecessary

[Edited on 1/10/07 by jos]

.: Motorsport / motor racing circuit / track wall art Apex Traxs :.

scoobyis2cool

posted on 1/10/07 at 07:43 PM Reply With Quote
Sarcastic? Rude? Unneccessary? I thought that was what the Mad House was all about!

But sadly I missed it, so I'll just have to imagine what you might have said...

Pete

DarrenW

posted on 2/10/07 at 09:04 AM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by jos
sorry about that to anyone who read it. it was sarcastic & rude and wholly unnecessary

[Edited on 1/10/07 by jos]

....and very funny

Its still there Pete - 3rd post down.

scoobyis2cool

posted on 2/10/07 at 09:34 AM Reply With Quote
Oh that comment, yeah I liked that one

Pete

TGR-ECOSSE

posted on 3/10/07 at 02:58 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by TGR-ECOSSE
quote:
Originally posted by jos

What job do you do? My mates a baggage handler and i will show him this and see if he has an opinon on your work!!

Showed my mate this and he says you are spot on with your description

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.