Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: murrayisms
02GF74

posted on 21/3/07 at 02:23 PM Reply With Quote
murrayisms

you've seen some before but still

"And just to clarify, Häkkinen leads and has yet to stop, Coulthard leads and has yet to stop"
"Now we go into lap 53, the penultimate last lap but one."
"Excuse me while I interrupt myself..."
"With half the race gone, there's half the race still to go."
"If the gloves weren't off before—and they were—they sure are now!"
"That's a good stop. Just under 10 seconds. Call it 9.7 in round figures."
"Now he must not go the wrong way round the circuit and unless he can spin himself stationary through 360 degrees I fail to see how he can avoid doing so."
"And now the boot is on the other Schumacher!"
"Now Laffite is as close to Surer as Surer is to Laffite."
"There's a difference of only one second between these two cars ...one... that's how long a second is"
"I should imagine that the conditions in those cars are totally unimaginable."
" 'If' is a very long word in Formula One; in fact, 'if' is F1 spelled backwards."
" Watch the lights appear to countdown the start! —One light! —Two lights! —Three lights! —Four lights! —Five laps!"
"The interesting thing about this circuit is that it has inclines; not just up, but down as well."
"This has been a mediocre season for Nelson Piquet, as he is now known, and always has been."
"And the track temperature has in fact risen in degrees!"
"And here comes Damon Hill in the Williams. This car is absolutely unique—except for the one following it, which is identical."
"Do my eyes deceive me or is Senna's Lotus sounding a bit rough?"
"Tambay's hopes, which were nil before, are now absolutely zero."
"Alboreto into the pits and I'm going to stop the startwatch!"
"And it's a sad ending, albeit a happy one, at Montreal for today's Grand Prix"
"It's the first time Schumacher's won here since 1959" (Michael Schumacher was born in 1969)
"Schumacher in the McLaren, Häkkinen in the Ferrari." (At the time, Schumacher was a Ferrari driver and Häkkinen was a McLaren driver)
(Approaching Bernie Ecclestone) "Bernie, it's some 17 years since you bought McLaren, you've had some good times, you've had some bad times, what do you remember best?" Bernie replies: "I don't remember buying McLaren..." Murray: "I've done it again, haven't I?"[5]
On Gerhard Berger's Ferrari failing at Suzuka 93 "That's Ayrton Berger!"
"Mansell knows exactly where Senna is because he can see him in his earphone."
"Seven of the previous champions are on the starting line, and four of them are Michael Schumacher"

bob

posted on 21/3/07 at 03:08 PM Reply With Quote
I miss him.

Though all is not lost as the tit who sits next to martin brundle makes a fair few mistakes so he looks promising to take the mantle.

scoobyis2cool

posted on 21/3/07 at 05:39 PM Reply With Quote
Brilliant, a true legend in his own lifetime. I just found a bunch more...

"It's raining and the track is wet."
"And what a bitter pill that must be to swallow." (An oft-repeated maxim for a driver who makes a mistake that loses him the race.)
"And Damon Hill exits the chicane and wins the Japanese Grand Prix... and I've got to stop, because I've got a lump in my throat..." (Murray for once made speechless with emotion as Damon Hill wins the 1996 Formula 1 World Championship at Suzuka)
"Spin! Spin! Spin!"
"Fire! Fire! Fire!"
"It is so exciting you could cut the atmosphere with a cricket stump."
"Here's the red lights... and it's GO! GO! GO!"
"And at last he passes... No! He's off! I thought he was going to pass but he's overshot!"
"Nigel Mansell has gone from seventh to sixth to fourth to fifth and now to third and this is lap twenty three"
Describing his commentary style: "I don't make mistakes. I make prophecies which immediately turn out to be wrong."
"The car upside down is a Toyota, with Will Hoy clambering out!" (Toyota's ad slogan at the time was "The car in front is a Toyota"
"There are flames coming from the back of Prost's car as he goes into the Swimming Pool!" (The "Swimming Pool" is a chicane section on the Monaco F1 circuit.) Co-commentator James Hunt replied: "That should put them out then!"
"You can't see a digital clock, because there isn't one."
"And now the boot is on the other Schumacher."
On how hot tyres become during a race: "I don't know what that is in degrees, but it's damned hot."
"...and for great driving, watch this!" A moment later the car Walker is watching fails to turn into a corner, crashes into a tyre barrier and is out of the race.[4]
"There is a dry line appearing in the tunnel"
"I imagine the conditions in those cars are totally unimaginable"
"Either that car is stationary, or it's on the move"
"There's nothing wrong with that car except that it's on fire"

Pete

It's not that I'm lazy, it's that I just don't care...

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
smart51

posted on 21/3/07 at 08:34 PM Reply With Quote
Murray Walker was the best bit of F1.

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.