Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: boom boom
mangogrooveworkshop

posted on 9/3/07 at 12:15 PM Reply With Quote
boom boom

Weird

A German man almost died after blowing himself and his car up when he had the bright idea of using a vacuum cleaner to suck the diesel out from the tank he had mistakenly put in his petrol driven car.

Joergen Mueller, 25, was told his local garage wanted more than 200 pounds to empty the tank after he mistakenly filled the Diesel car with petrol.

He tried to siphon out the fuel with a garden hose but when that failed, he connected the hose to a vacuum cleaner to suck out the fuel.

But the diesel exploded as it reached the device injuring the 25 year old and a pal, 23, who was holding the hose.

Police are waiting at his bedside to question him, and say he faces charges of criminal negligence and causing bodily harm to his pal.

[Edited on 9-3-07 by mangogrooveworkshop]

iank

posted on 9/3/07 at 12:22 PM Reply With Quote
For a moment I couldn't understand how diesel would 'explode'. Then I read again and he'd filled his diesel car with petrol. So it was petrol that did the exploding.

--
Never argue with an idiot. They drag you down to their level, then beat you with experience.
Anonymous

G.Man

posted on 9/3/07 at 01:24 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by iank
For a moment I couldn't understand how diesel would 'explode'. Then I read again and he'd filled his diesel car with petrol. So it was petrol that did the exploding.

No it was diesel that exploded...

Disel vapours, plus sparks from a comm equals big bang

EDIT: Actually it says both... who knows

[Edited on 9/3/07 by G.Man]

Opinions are like backsides..
Everyone has one, nobody wants to hear it and only other peoples stink!

cossiebri

posted on 9/3/07 at 08:55 PM Reply With Quote
A 'friend' of mine was arrested last week for the same thing...
His boy put £20 worth of petrol into his iveco diesel truck, so they used the FORECOURT hoover to suck out the offending petrol.. and refilled with dieso...
the next day the hoover exploded due to being vandalised !
they (sainsburys) used cctv to get his reg no
He's awaiting trial as i speak

If it doesn't fit MODIFY it!!
Cheers BriF

andyps

posted on 10/3/07 at 12:45 PM Reply With Quote
In a readers funny incidents section in Classic Cars magazine a couple of years ago there was a story of someone who used his vacuum cleaner to suck some debris out of an empty petrol tank. Apparently when the petrol fumes got to teh electric motor they ignited, turning the cleaner into a jet propelled device which set off around the garage until it pulled the cable out of the plug socket by which time the gargae was on fire, destroying the Cortina the tank was off, so the guy didn't neet to worry about the debris anymore. And his wife wasn't too pleased about the vacuum cleaner either

Andy

An expert is someone who knows more and more about less and less

David Jenkins

posted on 10/3/07 at 01:27 PM Reply With Quote
Early home-made jet turbine engines used a mix of petrol and diesel: there were many warnings as this is a highly inflammable and fairly dangerous mix, with the petrol acting as an ignition starter for the heavier 'energy-rich' diesel.

I guess that this bloke had a very good mix in his tank...

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.