Author: Subject: A.A.A.D.D.
RazMan

posted on 2/3/07 at 10:29 PM Reply With Quote
A.A.A.D.D.

Recently, I was diagnosed with A.A.A.D.D. - Age Activated Attention
Deficit Disorder.

This is how it manifests:

I decide to water my garden.

As I turn on the hose in the driveway, I look over at my car and decide my car needs washing.

As I start toward the garage, I notice that there is a parcel and other mail outside the front door that the postman left as it wouldn't all fit through the letterbox.

I decide to go through the mail before I wash the car.

I lay my car keys down on the garden table, put the junk mail in the dustbin under the table, and notice that the bin is full.

So, I decide to put the bills back on the garden table and take out the rubbish first.

But then I think, since I'm going to be near the mailbox when I take out the rubbish anyway, I may as well pay the bills first.

I take my cheque book off the table, and see that there is only one cheque left.

My extra cheques are in my desk in the study, so I go inside the house to my desk, where I find the can of Coke that I had been drinking.

I'm going to look for my cheques, but first I need to push the Coke aside so that I don't accidentally knock it over. I realise the Coke is getting warm, and I decide I should put it in the refrigerator to keep it cold.

As I head toward the kitchen with the Coke, a vase of flowers on the work top catches my eye--they need to be watered.

I set the Coke down on the work top, and I discover my reading glasses that I've been searching for all morning.

I decide I better put them back on my desk, but first I'm going to water the flowers.

I set the glasses back down on the work top, fill a container with water, and suddenly I spot the TV remote control. Someone left it on the kitchen table.

I realise that tonight when we go to watch TV, I will be looking for the remote control, but I won't remember that it's on the kitchen table, so I decide to put it back in the sitting room where it belongs, but first I'll water the flowers.

I pour some water in the flowers, but quite a bit of it spills on the floor.

So, I put the remote control back down on the table, get some towels and wipe up the spill.

Then I head down the hall trying to remember what I was planning to do.

At the end of the day:

the driveway is flooded, the car isn't washed, the bills aren't paid, there is a warm can of Coke sitting on the kitchen work top, there is still only one cheque in my cheque book, I can't find the remote control, I can't find my glasses, and I don't remember what I did with the car keys.

Then, when I try to work out why nothing got done today, I'm really baffled, because I know I was busy all day long, and I'm really tired.

I realise this is a serious problem, and I'll try to get some help for it, but first I'll check my e-mail.

Do me a favour, will you? Forward this message to everyone you know, because I don't remember who I have sent it to and you might strike lucky on my behalf...!

Oh and don't laugh too smugly -- if this isn't you yet, your day is coming!

[Edited on 2-3-07 by RazMan]

Cheers,
Raz

When thinking outside the box doesn't work any more, it's time to build a new box

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
Confused but excited.

posted on 2/3/07 at 11:27 PM Reply With Quote
Thank God it's not just me then!
Should we get some T shirts made?
What for?

Tell them about the bent treacle edges!

RK

posted on 3/3/07 at 12:19 AM Reply With Quote
My doctor gave me some pills for my memory, but I kept forgetting to take them.

My late uncle Bob, author of "It takes me all night to do what I used to do all night" AND "I'm so broke I can't pay attention"

Simon

posted on 3/3/07 at 06:41 PM Reply With Quote
Isn't that the perfect description of what wimmin refer to as Multi Tasking

ATB

Simon

Lightning

posted on 3/3/07 at 09:01 PM Reply With Quote
OK, wheres the camera????

Steve

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.