Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: I am stunned by the level of idiocy on eBay
NigeEss

posted on 9/6/11 at 10:43 PM Reply With Quote
I am stunned by the level of idiocy on eBay

Listed an old Brother Knitting machine (not mine I hasten to add) on the Bay and as I have very little
knowledge of it I write a short description as follows....................

"For sale is a Brother KH-910 knitting machine. No idea if it works or if it's all there. Certainly the power lead isn't.
It came from an old lady who was a heavy smoker so it's a bit mingy.
Suitable for spares ony I reckon."

To my surprise within three hours I have 5 watchers, one bid and the following question..

"hi is the power lead with it thanks"

How do these people survive in life ????

Time is an illusion. Lunchtime doubly so.................Douglas Adams.

RK

posted on 9/6/11 at 11:53 PM Reply With Quote
Blame it on the education system. They never paid attention when it came time to learn to read, evidently.
SpecSavers hasn't been around that long in the grand scheme of things.

spiderman

posted on 10/6/11 at 01:54 AM Reply With Quote
Why don't you ask your old brother if he knows where the power lead is

[Edited on 10/6/11 by spiderman]

Spider

Ninehigh

posted on 10/6/11 at 02:31 PM Reply With Quote
I couldn't help myself but give as sarki answer as possible.

"Dear Pratt,
Seeing as you had to ask, and despite obviously not reading the advert there is a power lead. Just for you mind, those who can read will know there isn't one. Of course I don't want to be an a-hole so if you have a thinking disability then I apologise"

T66

posted on 10/6/11 at 11:06 PM Reply With Quote
i started off selling Fiat 126 bits last month, started off well but soon lost interest in the 30 emails a day.

My interior sold to a knobheed who having won it didnt pay, and then after I told him he had to contact retropower by telephone prior to collection (oh an pay me first) decided he knew best when to turn up and collect it...

He seemed intent on working entirely to his agenda, and ignoring the fact he hadnt paid , and intended to turn up exactly when he fancied.....

knobheed

Ninehigh

posted on 11/6/11 at 06:05 AM Reply With Quote
Shame there isn't a similar site that has a "screening out the idiots" signup process

motorcycle_mayhem

posted on 11/6/11 at 07:45 AM Reply With Quote
How do these peole survive in life?

Well.... they're either on benefits, spoon-fed lives from Bliars smokescreen, or they're 'facilitators' in the public sector.... At this point I'll stop the diatribe and apologise to everyone:

Last weekend I went to collect a GSXR750 track bike purchased from Ebay. I don't like Ebay, but the sad fact is that a *lot* of folk now use it, so you have to participate in the nonsense. Yes, I have safeguards, I require a phone chat at all times, etc.

I digress. I arrive to collect the bike, to find all that I had wanted removed from the bike (PCIII, ART can, etc.), yet all had been correctly listed, described, bid and bought (or at least I thought). He says "didn't get wot I wunted 4 it, so stuff ain't going".... I try to strike a deal(!), capitulate to his greed, convince him of the nature of an 'auction'. Needless to say, his greed was dominant, I walk away under a torrent of verbal abuse!, to receive a non-payer strike(?). I've asked Ebay to remove said 'strike', sent the pictures of that which I found when I went to collect nad asked for petrol refund! We'll see.

As a 'seller', I've 'sold' a removed Westfield RAC roll bar several times. Simply wanted someone to make a Locost use of it rather than weigh it in. No contact, no payment, no collection from 3 'sales'....

Hmmm

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.