Couple Repossess Bank

Sweet justice’ as wronged homeowners repossess bank

[Edited on 8/6/11 by britishtrident]

scootz

posted on 8/6/11 at 08:44 AM Reply With Quote

It's Evolution Baby!

cliftyhanger

posted on 8/6/11 at 09:12 AM Reply With Quote
I heard about this idea elsewhere. It seems even in this country you can issue a similar order against a company. I believe it works rather well and gets fast results. I wonder if you can do the same to the CEO of a company, I like the idea of turning up to their house and taking goods etc
Macbeast

posted on 8/6/11 at 09:21 AM Reply With Quote
Didn't we do this already with RBS and Northern Rock ?

I'm addicted to brake fluid, but I can stop anytime.

pewe

posted on 8/6/11 at 09:27 AM Reply With Quote
If a customer or organisation owe you money, they don't dispute the amount owed and you have exhausted all reasonable attempts to obtain payment IIRC you can take out a Winding up Order against them on the grounds that you have come to the conclusion they do not have the assets to meet their liabilities!
We used this against a major international company in the photographic industry located in West London some years ago who consistently refused to pay us.
A letter to their CEO explaining exactly how we were going to proceed meant we had a cheque hand delivered the next day!
Cheers, Pewe

smart51

posted on 8/6/11 at 11:22 AM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by pewe
...IIRC you can take out a Winding up Order against them ...

This happend when I worked at a small engineering company in the midlands. They didn't pay a bill, so the customer got a winding up order on the parent company - GEC. The bill was paid very quickly thereafter.

David Jenkins

posted on 8/6/11 at 12:10 PM Reply With Quote
The woman who runs the local hairdressers had a nasty accident in her car. Tesco Insurance agreed to pay a large sum of money - but kept delaying payment, until nearly 6 months went by.

They paid out pretty quickly after they heard that she'd initiated debt recovery proceedings with a firm of local bailiffs...

JoelP

posted on 10/6/11 at 09:32 PM Reply With Quote
I seem to recall a similar story a few years ago, where someone had taken a big company to the small claims court, and they hadnt bothered to turn up, so lost automatically. They then turned up at the head office with a bailiff.

Ninehigh

posted on 11/6/11 at 06:20 AM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by JoelP
I seem to recall a similar story a few years ago, where someone had taken a big company to the small claims court, and they hadnt bothered to turn up, so lost automatically. They then turned up at the head office with a bailiff.

If they were anything like Sainsbury's they'd demand that they haven't had their 28 days to respond to the court order and it's not in the terms and conditions they breached

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.