Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: A bad case of bodywork rust
mangogrooveworkshop

posted on 8/4/10 at 03:31 PM Reply With Quote
A bad case of bodywork rust

rusty nuts

posted on 8/4/10 at 09:29 PM Reply With Quote
Bloody pickies, they'll have anything away!
David Jenkins

posted on 8/4/10 at 09:39 PM Reply With Quote
Actually - I think that statue's quite clever, and rather good...

boggle

posted on 8/4/10 at 09:58 PM Reply With Quote
photoshoped

just because you are a character, doesnt mean you have character....

for all your bespoke parts, ali welding, waterjet, laser, folding, turning, milling, composite work, spraying, anodising and cad drawing....

u2u me for details

PLEASE NOTE: This user is a trader who has not signed up for the LocostBuilders registration scheme. If this post is advertising a commercial product or service, please report it by clicking here.

Marcus

posted on 9/4/10 at 11:56 AM Reply With Quote
Ok, i got to ask, how can u tell it's photoshopped?

Looks genuine to me and very clever.

Marcus

Because kits are for girls!!

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
David Jenkins

posted on 9/4/10 at 11:58 AM Reply With Quote
Anyone know the location of the statue?

This one is my favourite (very witty)...

He's staring up at a huge office building...

[Edited on 9/4/10 by David Jenkins]

Simon

posted on 9/4/10 at 11:07 PM Reply With Quote
One of our clients does something similar, but on on smaller scale

http://www.evmeynell.co.uk/main%20web%20pages/indoor%20stylised%20portfolio.html

ATB

Simon

boggle

posted on 12/4/10 at 02:51 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Marcus
Ok, i got to ask, how can u tell it's photoshopped?

Looks genuine to me and very clever.

i may be wrong, but the sea to the left doesnt look right.....its a bit blurry???

just because you are a character, doesnt mean you have character....

for all your bespoke parts, ali welding, waterjet, laser, folding, turning, milling, composite work, spraying, anodising and cad drawing....

u2u me for details

PLEASE NOTE: This user is a trader who has not signed up for the LocostBuilders registration scheme. If this post is advertising a commercial product or service, please report it by clicking here.

Peteff

posted on 12/4/10 at 03:34 PM Reply With Quote
Blow it up to 400% in firefox and you can see the join to the left of the lighthouse and the yacht

yours, Pete

I went into the RSPCA office the other day. It was so small you could hardly swing a cat in there.

Liam

posted on 12/4/10 at 05:03 PM Reply With Quote
Whether it's real or not, you still have to accept the standard-youtube-comment-response from at least somebody. Boggle did well, but it wasn't quite right. Here, allow me...

FAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAKE!!

There.

I actually think it probably is fake

1. Such an obvious subject to work on with photoshop and a bit of spare time. Relatively easy to do too - one shot, then a few steps to the side and another shot. That gives you the 'data' to insert behind the bits of statue you will remove.

2. Just doesn't look to be enough material at the leg/case join to hold the top part up. Especially with kids hanging on it or whatever.

3. The edge of the statue looks different in the two views. Most noticably the shirt buttons part. It appears to extend down to a little above the elbows in the front view, but all the way down to the shirt sleeve in the other pic. Other discrepencies too.

Now all we need is somebody to know where the original is and take some more shots

[Edited on 12/4/10 by Liam]

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
Big Stu

posted on 13/4/10 at 12:19 AM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by David Jenkins
Anyone know the location of the statue?

This one is my favourite (very witty)...

He's staring up at a huge office building...

[Edited on 9/4/10 by David Jenkins]

Here

David Jenkins

posted on 13/4/10 at 07:50 AM Reply With Quote
Wrong statue! I know where the window cleaner is - I used to work nearby - I was wondering where the cutaway statue was (if it does exist in that form).

Irony

posted on 13/4/10 at 08:26 AM Reply With Quote
I would suggest it hasn't been photoshoped as you put it. I do a lot of 'photoshopping' and it is possibly to remove people, parts of people or anything for that matter.

My reasoning for this is that the leg that has been left standing alone quite clearly on the reverse picture has a realistic inner texture. You can see his leg is sort of knobbly where its been chopped off. There are no textures on the images that look similar to this to add this bit of artwork.

I think its real or the editor is good.

The only aspect thats dodgy is the bit of sea on the left of the image. That could be freak waves through. Cameras catch freak things like that.

TheGecko

posted on 14/4/10 at 08:57 AM Reply With Quote
A bit of web searching (there's a neat little Firefox plugin called TinEye that can search for images), turns up that these are the work of sculptor Bruno Catalano (linky) in his series called "Voyagers". The one shown is "Le Grand Van Gogh" and is listed as being 70cmx20cm so I doubt kids hanging off it etc are considerations

There's some more pics here

Dominic

Marcus

posted on 14/4/10 at 05:30 PM Reply With Quote
Thanks for that Geko, I spent ages looking for that!!

Marcus

Because kits are for girls!!

David Jenkins

posted on 14/4/10 at 06:49 PM Reply With Quote
Clever stuff - but he's a bit of a one-trick sculptor, isn't he? Do a good statue, then cut a bit out...

mangogrooveworkshop

posted on 14/4/10 at 10:25 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by TheGecko
A bit of web searching (there's a neat little Firefox plugin called TinEye that can search for images), turns up that these are the work of sculptor Bruno Catalano (linky) in his series called "Voyagers". The one shown is "Le Grand Van Gogh" and is listed as being 70cmx20cm so I doubt kids hanging off it etc are considerations

There's some more pics here

Dominic

So Whether it's real or not, you still have to accept the standard-youtube-comment-response from at least somebody. Boggle did well, but it wasn't quite right. Here, allow me...

FAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAKE!!

There.

I actually think it probably is fake

mud on face

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.