Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Idiot Spotted.....
greglogan

posted on 18/1/10 at 01:43 PM Reply With Quote
Idiot Spotted.....

Stolen from another forum......

IDIOT SIGHTING #1

My daughter and I were at the McDonald's drive through window and I gave the clerk a £5 note. Our total was £4.20, so I also handed her a twenty pence piece.
She said, 'You gave me too much money.'
I said, 'Yes I know, but this way you can just give me £1 back.'
She sighed and went to get the manager who asked me to repeat my request.
I did so, and he handed me back the 20 pence and said 'We're sorry but they could not do that kind of thing.'
The clerk then proceeded to give me back 80 pence in change.
Do not confuse the clerks at MacD's.

IDIOT SIGHTING #2

We had to have the garage door repaired. The GARADOR repairman told us that one of our problems was that we did not have a 'large' enough motor on the opener.
I thought for a minute, and said that we had the largest one GARADOR made at that time, a 1/2 horsepower.
He shook his head and said, 'Lady, you need a 1/4 horsepower.'
I responded that 1/2 was larger than 1/4 and he said,
'NOOO, it's not. Four is larger than two..'
We haven't used Garador repair since.

IDIOT SIGHTING #3

I live in a semi rural area. We recently had a new neighbour call the Highways Department to request the removal of the DEER CROSSING sign on our road.
The reason: 'Too many deer are being hit by cars out here! I don't think this is a good place for them to be crossing anymore.'

IDIOT SIGHTING #4

My daughter went to a local Kentucky Fried and ordered a taco. She asked the person behind the counter for 'minimal lettuce.'
He said he was sorry, but they only had iceberg lettuce.

IDIOT SIGHTING #5

I was at the airport, checking in at the gate when an airport employee asked, 'Has anyone put anything in your baggage without your knowledge?' To which I replied, 'If it was without my knowledge, how would I know?'
He smiled knowingly and nodded, 'That's why we ask..'

IDIOT SIGHTING #6

The traffic lights on the corner buzzes when it's safe to cross the street.
I was crossing with an intellectually challenged colleague.
She asked if I knew what the buzzer was for.
I explained that it signals blind people when the light is red.
Appalled, she responded, 'What on earth are blind people doing driving?!'
She is a Local County Council employee in Harrow , Middlesex!

IDIOT SIGHTING #7

When my husband and I arrived at our local Ford dealer to pick up our car, we were told the keys had been locked in it.
We went to the service department and found a mechanic working feverishly to unlock the drivers side door.
As I watched from the passenger side, I instinctively tried the door handle and discovered that it was unlocked.
'Hey,' I announced to the mechanic, 'its open!' His reply, 'I know. I already did that side.'

STAY ALERT!
They walk among us... and the scary part is that is they have the RIGHT TO VOTE!

Women are meant to be loved, not understood.

eddie99

posted on 18/1/10 at 01:53 PM Reply With Quote

NOTE:This user is registered as a LocostBuilders trader and may offer commercial services to other users
RK

posted on 18/1/10 at 01:55 PM Reply With Quote
It`s not their fault. In my large Canadian metropolitan area (pop. 1 million) there are at least 6 thousand people who have been diagnosed with Alzheimer`s, and hold valid drivers licenses.
smart51

posted on 18/1/10 at 03:26 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by greglogan
They walk among us... and the scary part is that is they have the RIGHT TO VOTE!

And sit on a jury. Do you want them deciding if you're guilty or not?

Ivan

posted on 18/1/10 at 04:38 PM Reply With Quote
You need to move out of Ireland - it's catching you know.
MikeR

posted on 18/1/10 at 07:35 PM Reply With Quote
the jury one is the most worrying - know a scary story about a jury that ended up unable to find a man innocent due to a couple of people who decided on day one the defendant was guilty and refused to consider any evidence
Simon

posted on 18/1/10 at 08:29 PM Reply With Quote
Just to be a bore, I'm sure you can be registered blind and drive

ATB

Simon

smart51

posted on 18/1/10 at 08:59 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by MikeR
the jury one is the most worrying - know a scary story about a jury that ended up unable to find a man innocent due to a couple of people who decided on day one the defendant was guilty and refused to consider any evidence

I've been a juror and was in a trial with one of these and one of the thickos. It really REALLY made me want to stay as far from a court room as I can. I also have sympathy with those who want to end trial by jury. Trial by lottery wouldn't be far from the truth.

Ninehigh

posted on 18/1/10 at 09:08 PM Reply With Quote
The next part to all them should be "And then I said 'are you taking the p**s?' "

Except number three which would be "huh?"

Also iirc you can be registered blind, but you have to have vision in one eye to be able to drive (i.e. you can be registered blind and still see out of one eye).

dave1888

posted on 19/1/10 at 10:10 PM Reply With Quote
We went to McDonalds in Barcalona a few years back waited in the queue for about 30 mins. I asked for the veggie burger meal and guess what i got a bun with lettuce and mayo.
I went to ATS to get my tyres checked a couple of weeks ago and the guys says he cant change them as they have 3mm tread on the front and 6mm on the back so i asked if he could put the backs on the front and fronts on the back as i was struggling to get any grip/traction in the snow he replied "no point as its rear wheel drive" I told him its a vectra and its front wheel drive he was having none of it so i left.

Ninehigh

posted on 20/1/10 at 12:00 AM Reply With Quote
When I worked at McDs I served someone with a cheeseburger and they complained cos it had meat on it. Thinking about it it's fair dos really there's no suggestion of burger on it...

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.