Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Another attack gone unpunished?
flak monkey

posted on 14/9/09 at 11:48 AM Reply With Quote
Another attack gone unpunished?

Obviously not knowing all the details, but it should at least have gone to trial surely?

Clicky

I know one of the problems with 'gang' attacks is that it is difficult to proove who did what damage and they often all have to be let off as there is some reasonable doubt.

Maybe its time to change the law so that if you are a member of a gang involved in this sort of attack you are all culpable for the severity of the injuries?

Sera

http://www.motosera.com

Badger_McLetcher

posted on 14/9/09 at 12:21 PM Reply With Quote
That's just disgusting that they can get away with that. Who cares who inflicted the injury? If you're a part of that you should get punished the same, maximum sentence for all involved. What makes it worse is you know they'll be boasting about it, and that poor sod has to live like that for he rest of his life.

If disfunction is a function, then I must be some kind of genius.

flak monkey

posted on 14/9/09 at 01:41 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Badger_McLetcher
That's just disgusting that they can get away with that. Who cares who inflicted the injury? If you're a part of that you should get punished the same, maximum sentence for all involved. What makes it worse is you know they'll be boasting about it, and that poor sod has to live like that for he rest of his life.

I totally agree with you, was just commenting on how I understand that the law works at the moment. I could be wrong though.

Sera

http://www.motosera.com

Badger_McLetcher

posted on 14/9/09 at 08:03 PM Reply With Quote
Sorry if that came across as me attacking you, not my intention at all. It's just me and my familly having been on the recieving end of something similar (albeit much less severe) it's a bit of a sensitive subject!

If disfunction is a function, then I must be some kind of genius.

Ninehigh

posted on 14/9/09 at 09:12 PM Reply With Quote
A Havering police spokesman said they had no plans to look for any other attackers in connection with the case, adding: "We gave the CPS all the evidence available and after reviewing the case they decided not to proceed with it. We adhere to their decision."

Why? If someone caved my son's head in like that I'd be out for their blood. If the CPS won't make charges I'll quit my job and hunt them down, for the rest of my life if need be

rusty nuts

posted on 15/9/09 at 08:47 AM Reply With Quote
Having seen the CPS at work I suspect they may be the dregs of the legal profession and only work for the CPS because they can't get a proper job.It's about time this country took a stiffer approach to crime of any sort instead of just slapping wrists

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.