Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Cornwalls bad press due to accidents recently
Mark Allanson

posted on 13/9/09 at 07:57 PM Reply With Quote
Cornwalls bad press due to accidents recently

We have had a few accidents recently involving cliffs here recently, particularly at Newquay. I suspect that the majority have more to do with Darwinism than has been reported!

The following image was taken at Hells Mouth by me this afternoon - I was absolutely stunned.

Am I just turning into a Nanny? Rescued attachment Temp.jpg
Rescued attachment Temp.jpg

If you can keep you head, whilst all others around you are losing theirs, you are not fully aware of the situation

Mark Allanson

posted on 13/9/09 at 07:59 PM Reply With Quote
just to put this into perspective Rescued attachment Temp1.jpg
Rescued attachment Temp1.jpg

If you can keep you head, whilst all others around you are losing theirs, you are not fully aware of the situation

flak monkey

posted on 13/9/09 at 08:13 PM Reply With Quote
Many people seem to have darwin (award) tendancies at the seaside.

Get it regularly around here too. I know a few people who volunteer for the RNLI and some of the stories do make you wonder what some people are thinking....

Sera

http://www.motosera.com

Mark Allanson

posted on 13/9/09 at 08:14 PM Reply With Quote
Not a worry in the world - words escape me Rescued attachment Temp2.jpg
Rescued attachment Temp2.jpg

dmac

posted on 13/9/09 at 09:33 PM Reply With Quote
Difficult to say without being there as the close-up shows them on a flat ledge with what looks like a well worn path leading in from the left.

Duncan

RK

posted on 14/9/09 at 12:08 AM Reply With Quote
I am always fairly surprised when I see that sort of thing. In British Columbia there are those types of accidents all the time. My wife's cousin saw a German tourist get swept out to sea (and was never found) when he was hit with a rogue wave in Tofino, on Vancouver Island. They should all go surfing to find out just how powerful (and painful) the sea can be.
Mr Whippy

posted on 14/9/09 at 09:40 AM Reply With Quote
Tbh they don’t look like they’re in any danger unless the whole cliff gives way. Up here we have even higher ones

Fame is when your old car is plastered all over the internet

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
MikeRJ

posted on 14/9/09 at 11:42 AM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Mark Allanson
Not a worry in the world - words escape me

Quite clearly they aren't worried as they don't have eyes, and can't see the drop

pgtips

posted on 14/9/09 at 11:55 AM Reply With Quote
Are you sure they are not filming a new episode of doctor who? Maybe the follow up of the one with that crazy woman in the tv sucking peoples faces away?

Ahemmm anyway as been said before they don't look like they are on any danger there. BUT I do knw what you are saying with people getting on all sorts of troubles down the seaside. I have been watching it on that seaside rescue program........Gos I have to get out more often and turn my telly off ........oh oh wait the weather is crap out there.......hmmmm I turn my telly on

[Edited on 14/9/09 by pgtips]

If I die, my biggest fear is that my wife sells all my toys for the price I told her I bought them for...

rusty nuts

posted on 14/9/09 at 08:17 PM Reply With Quote
Remember spending some time with a young lady on the cliff top near Cromer light house one summer night many years ago. The next morning that section of the cliff was on the beach. A delayed did the earth move??

posted on 14/9/09 at 09:27 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by rusty nuts
Remember spending some time with a young lady on the cliff top near Cromer light house one summer night many years ago. The next morning that section of the cliff was on the beach. A delayed did the earth move??

But "skydivers do it with a parachute on"... don't they Mel?

Paul G

rusty nuts

posted on 15/9/09 at 06:43 AM Reply With Quote
But she wasn't a skydiver!
matt_claydon

posted on 17/9/09 at 08:41 AM Reply With Quote
They don't look in any danger to me. Far more likely to get killed on the drive home than sat there.

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.