Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: OT: Tattoo
tomprescott

posted on 23/8/09 at 12:41 PM Reply With Quote
OT: Tattoo

Hi Everyone,
Looking for a cheap but talented tattoo artist in the south west (closer to Brizzle the better), want quite a bit of work done but as a student I'm perpetually skint. If anyone here does tats or knows of someone that does (at mates rates) then please get in contact. Cheers,
Tom

Steve Hignett

posted on 23/8/09 at 01:40 PM Reply With Quote
Tattooist's usually fall into one of two categories:

Cheap or Good.

Not that you can't find one that will do a deal, but that's my personal experience. I have a slot booked with my tattooist in about 7 months time because he is permanently booked up for over a year - I don't even know what I want next time, but I book and pay a deposit anyway!

It's not even remotely close to you, but here's the website of the guy I'm talking about: Paul Naylor
http://www.indigotattoo.com/

Last time I looked, his website was a lot fuller than that, so I suspect his "new website coming soon claim" is prob genuine in his case!

carpmart

posted on 25/8/09 at 02:13 PM Reply With Quote
If your going to permanently disfigure yourself you may as well have any of the disfigurement (tattoo's) of the highest quality that you can. Remember you have to live with it forever! I see it in the same way I see lazer eye surgery, you don't buy based on price!

You only live once - make the most of it!

Radical Clubsport, Kwaker motor
'94 MX5 MK1, 1.8
F10 M5 - 600bhp Daily Hack
Range Rover Sport - Wife's Car
Mercedes A class - Son's Car

cd.thomson

posted on 25/8/09 at 02:18 PM Reply With Quote
Disfigurement is the state of having one's appearance deeply and persistently harmed medically, as from a disease, birth defect, or wound.

Tom isnt disfiguring himself any more than changing his hair colour

[Edited on 25/8/09 by cd.thomson]

Craig

carpmart

posted on 25/8/09 at 02:23 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by cd.thomson
Disfigurement is the state of having one's appearance deeply and persistently harmed medically, as from a disease, birth defect, or wound.

Tom isnt disfiguring himself any more than changing his hair colour

[Edited on 25/8/09 by cd.thomson]

Only a tattoo last a little longer than pink highlights!

You only live once - make the most of it!

Radical Clubsport, Kwaker motor
'94 MX5 MK1, 1.8
F10 M5 - 600bhp Daily Hack
Range Rover Sport - Wife's Car
Mercedes A class - Son's Car

mistergrumpy

posted on 25/8/09 at 04:19 PM Reply With Quote
Just to play devils advocate.
Ones appearance has been deeply harmed using sterile, medical type needles intra-dermally which create a wound, a breakage of more than one layer of skin.

tomprescott

posted on 25/8/09 at 08:35 PM Reply With Quote
I appreciate that tattoos are wounds and aren't to some peoples tastes but I've had a couple already and know that I like them - besides I'm quite scarred up already so as far as disfiguring myself goes I'm not too worried about not looking pretty!

There's a really good place near to me that do a lot of amazing work but the cost is so high that I can't afford to get the pieces I want done, then a friend of a friend who does them in his spare time popped up, again amazing (and this time cheap at £20/hour) but just like all the good places booked up for 18 months.

My problem is that I want a large and intricate piece done, I think it'll be between 10 and 20 hours - which will cost a lot. Thanks for all your replys (even if I don't agree with your views) I think I'll have to ask around my friends and have a look locally and see if I can find someone capable but cheap. Cheers, Tom

flak monkey

posted on 25/8/09 at 08:39 PM Reply With Quote
All the GOOD artists I know are booked solid for 12 to 18months and are expensive. But, generally you get what you pay for. And IMO with something as permanent as tattoos its just not worth the risk.

This is the guy I recommend.

http://www.seansbodyart.com/home.htm

David

Sera

http://www.motosera.com

RK

posted on 26/8/09 at 12:08 PM Reply With Quote
Wow things must be good in the UK now, in that people have enough money to waste making themselves look silly. I guess you have to keep these body molesters/"artists" in business though, and that's good for the economy.

Can't you do henna or something less permanent? I hate seeing people's tattoos, and I immediately think less of them when I see them. But I'm an old guy of 50 who still has his own hair colour!

I do think you will find being skint is a good thing when it comes to luxuries like this. All the good things to buy come up when there is no money. Which is usually a good thing.

[Edited on 26/8/09 by RK]

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.