Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: A different kind of work woe
Ninehigh

posted on 16/8/09 at 02:44 PM Reply With Quote
A different kind of work woe

As a relief officer I didn't get set hours, but it stated in my contract that I was guaranteed 40 per week. Every time this kicked in they didn't bother paying me and the last time I made damn sure I did everything right.

So I complained to my area manager, and got some crappy and vague excuses. So I put it in writing, and heard nothing since (nearly 2 months now) so I left. Now they want £288 off ME for leaving!

My argument is that I should be able to claim for constructive dismissal because if them clowns had paid me as per my contract I wouldn't have left. So far (as far as I'm concerned) they owe me 40 hours as contract, and 40 hours holiday pay at £6.44 per hour. I'm applying for a tribunal tonight as this has gone far enough, for the dismissal, the owed pay and breach of contract.

Thing is have I got a leg to stand on about the money I owe them? It's for training and my SIA licence, but as I've stated if they hadn't left me for a month with no money I'd still be working for them.

What do you guys think? Trying to get actual legal advice on it is proving difficult as everyone's obsessed with the missus's mortgage equity

violentblue

posted on 18/8/09 at 04:22 AM Reply With Quote
bring a copy of the contract.

a few pics of my other projects

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.