Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Millionaires
mistergrumpy

posted on 13/8/09 at 05:24 PM Reply With Quote
Millionaires

I've always wanted to ask but it's a bit prying but following on from another thread I commented on I thought I'd ask anyhow.
I've been on here for 3 years now and there's some great cars around but for what I consider a toy there's some real money being pumped into these cars and reading of other hobbies there's some real money about.
I've wondered if there's any millionaires on here? I appreciate that if you are, then you're unlikely to shout about it on here but I've always wondered about what they call small change or if they have lost touch with the value of money?
For example I still grumble at the prices of Xbox games. £45 is a lot of money for a game, though I guess it's not for something else. It's all down to a persons perspective or outlook I guess but having been brought up poor I value every penny and think/worry about all my purchases like I'd be going bankrupt tomorrow.

Guinness

posted on 13/8/09 at 05:56 PM Reply With Quote
You'd need to be a millionaire to afford the stuff in the shop.

Gold plated wishbones, diamond headlights.......

Cheers

Mike

(Definantely not a millionaire yet)

(P.S. I did know a few self employed sub-contractors / one man bands who always felt they missed out on company Christmas parties. So they formed "The Millionaires Club" and used to book a posh restaurant together each December! They always said although they weren't millionaires, they might be one day)

David Jenkins

posted on 13/8/09 at 06:03 PM Reply With Quote
I think that there's a mix on here - from people who have only a small amount of spare money who build their cars in dribs and drabs as cash is available, to others who have a lot of spare cash and have now worries about lashing out wads of notes to make their car just right. A significant number run out of cash, often due to an unexpected baby, or redundancy.

I can't imagine that there are many millionaires though - my as I love my Locost, if I had unlimited cash then I would probably aim higher. I'd probably still build something though - but at the top end of the scale (e.g. an Ultima, or a SS100 replica)

Mind you - I always wanted to join the idle rich. I'm halfway there (idle).

[Edited on 13/8/09 by David Jenkins]

Peteff

posted on 13/8/09 at 07:12 PM Reply With Quote
I sold the bath so I could be stinking rich I'm almost a millionaire, three more zeros should do it

yours, Pete

I went into the RSPCA office the other day. It was so small you could hardly swing a cat in there.

RK

posted on 13/8/09 at 10:16 PM Reply With Quote
Yes, it's no longer a secret. I am however, not giving any of it away.
coozer

posted on 13/8/09 at 10:38 PM Reply With Quote
I'm going down the dole office tomorrow to sign one for the first time to told "you have too much money".. so, I'm a millionaire.

Thats what I reckon as I'm not able to collect any money just like a con (yes they con us) MP who has a castle and claims cash for cleaning his moat.....

I'll let you know what they say when I ask if I can have some cash to clean my missus moat out....

1972 V8 Jago

1980 Z750

Mr Whippy

posted on 14/8/09 at 08:14 AM Reply With Quote
sorry I'm only a gazillionaire

Fame is when your old car is plastered all over the internet

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
omega0684

posted on 14/8/09 at 11:14 AM Reply With Quote
i would simply ask.

if i were a millionaire, why would i bother building one when i can just buy one form the manufacturer and not give a hoot about forking out the extra £5k that they would charge for building me one

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
Peteff

posted on 14/8/09 at 03:25 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by coozerI'll let you know what they say when I ask if I can have some cash to clean my missus moat out....

Here's a quid, get down the pound shop and buy her some wet wipes

yours, Pete

I went into the RSPCA office the other day. It was so small you could hardly swing a cat in there.

JoelP

posted on 14/8/09 at 11:22 PM Reply With Quote
my pal turned up in a ferrari 430 the other day, obviously doing something right! Property i believe, which is quite an achievement keeping it all afloat these days.

Ninehigh

posted on 15/8/09 at 09:49 AM Reply With Quote
This time next year Rodders

Building it in dribs and drabs you say? Still got to get a welder and spanners!

Ivan

posted on 15/8/09 at 02:45 PM Reply With Quote
No dammit. But next time I visit Zimbabwe will easily make it into the club - in fact will be able to spend a trillion or two on a beer.

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.