Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Doom and Gloom
mistergrumpy

posted on 24/3/09 at 03:21 PM Reply With Quote
Doom and Gloom

I'm not one for going on about the state of things and the recession and all that but I've just got home from work and flicked on the computer to check the news and the first 3 headlines:
Man Mauled mauled to death in giant lizard attack
Threat of chemical attack realistic
Red meat increases risk of death from all causes
I mean come on, no wonder people are getting ground down. If there's going to be a chemical attack tell me when and where so I can duck! Red meat increases death from everything, that's surely a load of cack. Prove it. Am I likely to get involved in a road traffic accident tomorrow and die because of it then things are nicely rounded off by giant lizards attacking!
If it wasn't so ridiculous people might actually have confidence in Britain.

focijohn

posted on 24/3/09 at 06:13 PM Reply With Quote
i stopped reading and watching "propper" news a while ago.
Therefore im no longer worried about being blown up, contracting a terminal illness from eating kilos of red meat and insane amounts of stella (''@£40 a pint because this is going to cure binge drinking). Call me dumb but what can we do safely these days without being advised by so called professionals with out risk of serious illness and or death.
Madness

Im done.

Anyone going slower than you is an idiot. Anyone going faster than you is a maniac.
Too many targets but too few bullets.

flak monkey

posted on 24/3/09 at 07:28 PM Reply With Quote
Yep, exactly why I really dont watch the news.

digg.com is a good source of 'alternative' news. Usually some quite interesting stories on there, and some junk too!

David

Sera

http://www.motosera.com

MikeRJ

posted on 25/3/09 at 08:58 AM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by mistergrumpyRed meat increases death from everything, that's surely a load of cack.

It true, if you have a nice steak then don't use any power tools, or fly or drive for a few days, and watch out for pianos falling from tall buildings etc.

Ninehigh

posted on 26/3/09 at 10:11 PM Reply With Quote
Best one I heard is that eating lots and doing nothing are two of the main causes of obesity. I take it you can just catch it then like a cold?

mistergrumpy

posted on 27/3/09 at 12:47 PM Reply With Quote
Todays barrel of laughs.
"Drinking piping hot tea risks serious disease" Eh? What? How on earth did we ever evolve with all these risky diseases around every corner. Scaremongering ridiculousness!!

Gav

posted on 27/3/09 at 01:02 PM Reply With Quote
yeah thats my opinion too, all this saftey stuff is just going to dilute the gene pool.

Darwinian evolution for the win!

mistergrumpy

posted on 27/3/09 at 01:08 PM Reply With Quote
Does that mean just people who live near Blackburn'll be left because I can't agree with that

Gav

posted on 30/3/09 at 11:43 AM Reply With Quote
Believe me, if darwen was the model for future evolution of human kind i'd be trying to figure out how to build a nuke in my garage

02GF74

posted on 30/3/09 at 01:38 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Gav
Believe me, if darwen was the model for future evolution of human kind i'd be trying to figure out how to build a nuke in my garage

the plans are on the web, the difficult bit is source the radioactive materials.

coozer

posted on 30/3/09 at 02:46 PM Reply With Quote
Well, your probably better off dying in a road accident (at the scene I add)

Official gov statistics state 850 peeps died (in 2008, speed related) on the roads.

However, they also state 3,500 peeps died in hospitals from 'errors', ie MRSA and other flesh eating disorders, nurses pulling plugs out etc.

So, your better off dying at the road side tomorrow than a long drawn out death from a chemical attack, cancer from the meat or having to be admitted to a hozzy.

Or don't watch the news, read papers etc and you'll be fine..

Just spent the weekend in London, never saw any telly (apart from the bookies) or read any papers. The most depressing thing we heard was that the Jubilee line was closed. And that was only cause we were going to the O2 for a metal fest

1972 V8 Jago

1980 Z750

mistergrumpy

posted on 30/3/09 at 04:06 PM Reply With Quote
Well according to the news, if you died at the roadside it could be directly attributable to eating red meat!

Ninehigh

posted on 30/3/09 at 05:36 PM Reply With Quote
That might actually be true-ish. People like us don't give a toss about all this BS therefore we'll eat red meat, smoke, drink and then die at the roadside from driving a little too fast. Hell I might even have a bacon sandwich in my hand when I do just to really get the government's goat!

You know when I was a baby I was transported in a pram tied to the back of the seat in my Dad's van. My son's on his second baby seat in a year.

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.