Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Nando's
mistergrumpy

posted on 5/12/08 at 09:11 PM Reply With Quote
Nando's

Just been to Nando's for the first time with some mates. Is it just me who can see it or is this place a total rip off? They point you to your seat, the menu's over complicated so I just had whatever someone else was having as I often do, experience new things and all.So I sat waiting for the waitress. Oh no, you have to go up yourself and pay. Righto then. I'll have a coke too because I'm driving, okay here's a glass. Eh? Yeah go and fill it yourself. Erm..right. Sit down, where's the knife and fork? Oh, over there, go get it yourself. What! Up and down like a jack in't box. Then, I get a chicken breast on some fancy bread, chips which I notice they're putting into a McDonalds type cardboard pocket thing then pouring onto a plate and a corn on't cob and they wanted £9 for that. What a rip off! I've done everything bar cook the food and it's no different to a McDonalds meal. Rubbish!

jos

posted on 5/12/08 at 09:21 PM Reply With Quote
I felt the same. Interesting experience but i doubt i'll ever go back again

.: Motorsport / motor racing circuit / track wall art Apex Traxs :.

rusty nuts

posted on 5/12/08 at 09:26 PM Reply With Quote
Went into the Cambridge branch for my last birthday, read the menu , got up and walked out Went into Tex Mex place a few doors away and had a brilliant meal!
smart51

posted on 5/12/08 at 10:24 PM Reply With Quote
But you can have chicken, with a chicken accompaniment and a side dish of chicken. Only KFC offer that and you don't have to eat it out of a bucket.
Liam

posted on 5/12/08 at 11:11 PM Reply With Quote
Had you not been a clueless noobie, you could have done all that in one trip. I've only ever had the standard BBQ'd chicken - never tempted by any of the 'dishes' on the menu. Quite tasty, but perhaps a little pricey for what is basically fast food, i suppose, if you want to be a miserable complaining g*t
View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
TheGecko

posted on 6/12/08 at 02:02 PM Reply With Quote
I've never tried Nando's here (my wife has one near work and quite likes it) but their advertising is certainly interesting! linky thing
mistergrumpy

posted on 6/12/08 at 06:31 PM Reply With Quote
Nice. Unfortunately nowt like that in real life though.

donut

posted on 9/12/08 at 01:08 PM Reply With Quote
They are always very busy when i go past the resteraunt in Croydon and theres no shortage of resteraunts!

I have had Nando's twice and really enjoyed the grub but i steered away from the piri piri sauce!!

Andy

When I die, I want to go peacefully like my Grandfather did, in his sleep -- not screaming, like the passengers in his car.
http://www.flickr.com/photos/andywest1/

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
Benzine

posted on 9/12/08 at 02:42 PM Reply With Quote
<3 wagamamas

The mental gymnastics a landlord will employ to justify immoral actions is clinically fascinating. Just because something is legal doesn't make it moral.

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.